First Couple Years of Sir Storms Life

Guest world.hunters

Guest world.hunters

All starting with a phone call to David Hancock, i wanted a dog pup 1/4border collie, he told me of a litter he just had all were sold but the day before i phone the buyer for a merle dog pup gave some cock and bull story about why he could have it anymore so now my name was down for a dog pup. there was 2 merle dogs i had to choose from.

I decided i will go down when there when they were 3 weeks old to check on the pups the condition they were kept in and to also decide on which pup i will have from the 2 merle dogs.

I travelled down on the train with my cusin rew and our pal witton, we arrived and me david and went straight to the pups they were kept warm and clean under the heat lamp with fresh bedding food and water down so i couldnt complain, i looked at the 2 and decided on my pup.

3week.jpg

We had a look around the kennels at the other dogs and the studs and then back on the trains home.

I arrived home and all i could think about was my pup i had been out for years with other people and taking other peoples dogs out with me as long as i can remember but its never the same as when you have your own dog with you.

I built a brand new kennel and run in preperation for the day i collect my pup, as time went by slowly it got to the day i was to collect my pup i had worked extra hours at work to get the day off so i could collect my dog as early as possible.

Rews dad (my uncle) provided the transport to collect storm so off we went, we arrived at hancocks and while we waited for david the old lady of the place was chatting on about her magpie trap and she shot this magpie earlier and something else about a tree falling down lol.

Hancock arrived with storm and money was handed over we continued to sit there and have a long chat with him about dogs and he told us alot about himself and plummer etc he is a nice bloke to talk to to be fair.

Arrived home with Sir Storm and introduced him to my GSD and he shown no fear in the slightest his little tail waggling as soon as he seen her, he was soon feeling at home.

8week.jpg

IMG_1546.jpg

IMG_1554.jpg

8weekb.jpg

12weekd.jpg

The time come for storm to be left in the kennel for the night and he was quite as a mouse untill 6am then he started with the gob and my dad said dogs got to come in lol so now storm was inside and i had built a nice new shed lol.

next day i was playing with the pup and getting him to retrieved a rolled up sock. he took it all in his stride and enjoyed it as the weeks went past i had recall sit stay and lay command coming on good aswell.

IMG_1594.jpg

IMG_1593.jpg

He had his jabs and after the waiting time i had him out in the field training as we went out everyday learning more and more everday.

i moved him onto a dummy retrieving out in the field which he took well to.

IMG_2212.jpg

IMG_2324.jpg

IMG_2632.jpg

IMG_2439.jpg

There was something special about Storm he just seemed to take to everything with ease and was always on the go, i soon moved him off the dummy and out with the rifle to get him used to shot game and retreiving it. starting with a few feather first 1 he messed about with but i expected this anyways as it was new to him but he was soon retreiving the to me alive.

i aslo recall storm flushing a couple ducks from a river to then follow them in to the long stuff freeze like a pointed before grabbing the duck and retreiving it to me alive jsut as a women walked past lol her face was a picture.

zzzzz.jpg

1-2.jpg

1-3.jpg

IMG_3048.jpg

Soon after moved onto bunnies and retreiving them i new a good spot where i could quitely move to the top of the steam banking and shoot a rabbit but would never be able to run them so i went there with storm and shot and sent storm to retreive which he did very well up the steap banking.

IMG_2997.jpg

frame.jpg

43.jpg

42.jpg

Storm continued to progress and mature very fast i dont know weather it was because he was kept with my older GSD dog or not but he was a very very fast mental maturer.

By this time rew had got fly his pup and his dad got the litter siter fern and we were doing regular walks with the dogs together, and traveling the shows together and stock breaking the dogs

9-1.jpg

10-1.jpg

12-1.jpg

Wasnt to long before storm had his first bunny i started him at around 7months old, trying to find squatters for him and to just give a couple on runs, and on his first night out he picked up a squatter

57.jpg

78.jpg

87.jpg

78.jpg

he was good with the ferrets aswell and had him out with them as soon as we could. with rews old bitch bramble

94.jpg

91.jpg

95.jpg

150-1.jpg

155.jpg

i recall one day ferreting, we didnt have permission and the rangers came on we cleared off after a quick chat with them but forgot the spade went back and it was gone, they had took it so i stopped them as they drove back arround and they told me it has been taken away i would need to collect it from the police station. then a few weeks later another set of rangers stopped me rew and witton at a different location they started giving it the big un straigh away and we had a little argument which soon calmed down they then tried to pick up rews ferret box until we stopped him and he went on to tell us its cruel to put a ferret underground and it might suffacate the sad muppets. after a stand off we said we need to borrow your spade which they kindly did as rews ferret collar had came off underground we dug to it and pulled out another rabbit to the shock of the rangers who soon cleared of afterwords lol.

I countinued to bring on storm on different ground travelling around witton came down my way one night with his bitch we started walking accross a large cow field when we had about 30 cows charging at us. me and witton jumped into a smalled fenced off section in the center of the field hopeing the cows would go, but they didnt lol

7-2.jpg

1-1.jpg

after a while we broke branches of the trees chucked them to the side and while the cows were all eating we slipped away quitely lol.

I continued bringing on storm catching a few rabbits there has never been many rabbit close to me and i had to work hard to get onto any so we was doing well

147.jpg

140.jpg

139.jpg

most of the time through the winter me and rew would get up early hours of the morning to go for a mooch and we had some good times out both morning and night time with the dogs and the air rifle.

139.jpg

19-2.jpg

2-1.jpg

21-1.jpg

10-2.jpg

39-1.jpg

29-1.jpg

Edited by world.hunters

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest world.hunters

Storm had his first retrived hare at arround 10months old this was totally accidental he ran a rabbit and on return it jumped up. but he managed to catch it and i was over joyed with him.

158.jpg

159.jpg

More walking ferreting mooching and lamping and storm was starting to shape up very nicely.

167.jpg

166.jpg

Storm had been showing intrest in retrieving foxes aswell but i never let him untill he was 11months old this may seem abit early but i was sure of my dogs mentality and i let him have a retreive doubled up with a mate dog. the 2 dogs were slipped and to my joy storm got there first and with the help of my mates dog it was over in seconds. and it was a very nice size aswell.

29122007219.jpg

Storm as he got older started getting onto some better numbers as i could walk him further and work him harder and harder.

176.jpg

12-3.jpg

And he likes his veg lol

180.jpg

179.jpg

More and more ferreting and more and more lamping untill i moved away from nottingham to Cowling in yorkshire a tiny village surrounded by country side a great improvement in my eyes to Nottingham.

7-4.jpg

183.jpg

185.jpg

9-3.jpg.

This was now my new hunting ground in yorkshire

10-4.jpg

9-4.jpg

11-3.jpg

there was alot more game and it wasnt to long till i managed to get a little bit of permission up there and get onto some more game.

13-4.jpg

19-3.jpg

16-3.jpg

3-5.jpg

123copy.jpg

15-3.jpg

34-2.jpg

21-2.jpg

22-2.jpg

Got to know a few more lads in and around the area and went out with Scouser and his mate with there 2 dogs one night on the bunnies and storm did very well on the night

23-2.jpg

But my life in yorkshire was cut brief when i decided to move in with my partner MLB at the bottom of england in the south.

storm had seen deer before but not in the numbers that he now sees and on the first time me and mlb went out we succesfully tracked a deers with many more to come through out the time i have spent here. amongst other things but yet again not many rabbits and hares unless i travel about an hour on foot but thats what i do and its worth it. here is just a couple pics of the selection of what we have had. and also with the help of fraggle on his permission iv been able to get onto a few more rabbits

deer1.jpg

IMG_4151.jpg

IMG_5008.jpg

f-1.jpg

but it didnt come without its injuries this happened to storm while chasing an injured fox

IMG_3609.jpg

IMG_3610.jpg

IMG_3598.jpg

IMG_3605.jpg

i then had rew down for a few days as he wanted to get his bitch tracking and we had a decent couple days out tracking with storm and his bitch.

123-2.jpg.

but just lately i have been keeping storm away from the tracking side of things and trying to concentrate on rabbits as he has been mainly on the tracking game since i have been down here and it started to effect his retreiving so im working back on that now

12345.jpg

123-3.jpg

this is just a tiny clip from storms life i could go on and on and into more detail but ill stop here lol

hope you enjoyed the thread it fekin took me long enough lol

I feking love this dog and i dont know what i would do with out him to me he is a true alrounder

this is storm to date

52-1.jpg

6-11.jpg

12-8.jpg

W.h

Edited by world.hunters
Storm had his first retrived hare at arround 10months old this was totally accidental he ran a rabbit and on return it jumped up. but he managed to catch it and i was over joyed with him.

158.jpg

159.jpg

More walking ferreting mooching and lamping and storm was starting to shape up very nicely.

167.jpg

166.jpg

very interesting, read, fantastic photos, a first class dog, you have reaped, a great harvest, and many more to come, collie x grey, In My OPINION, THE best breed for a lurcher, brains, speed, and stamina, and put there nose to the ground as well, thank you, (( in my opinion only)))

Storm had been showing intrest in retrieving foxes aswell but i never let him untill he was 11months old this may seem abit early but i was sure of my dogs mentality and i let him have a retreive doubled up with a mate dog. the 2 dogs were slipped and to my joy storm got there first and with the help of my mates dog it was over in seconds. and it was a very nice size aswell.

29122007219.jpg

Storm as he got older started getting onto some better numbers as i could walk him further and work him harder and harder.

176.jpg

12-3.jpg

And he likes his veg lol

180.jpg

179.jpg

More and more ferreting and more and more lamping untill i moved away from nottingham to Cowling in yorkshire a tiny village surrounded by country side a great improvement in my eyes to Nottingham.

7-4.jpg

183.jpg

185.jpg

9-3.jpg.

This was now my new hunting ground in yorkshire

10-4.jpg

9-4.jpg

11-3.jpg

there was alot more game and it wasnt to long till i managed to get a little bit of permission up there and get onto some more game.

13-4.jpg

19-3.jpg

16-3.jpg

3-5.jpg

123copy.jpg

15-3.jpg

34-2.jpg

21-2.jpg

22-2.jpg

Got to know a few more lads in and around the area and went out with Scouser and his mate with there 2 dogs one night on the bunnies and storm did very well on the night

23-2.jpg

But my life in yorkshire was cut brief when i decided to move in with my partner MLB at the bottom of england in the south.

storm had seen deer before but not in the numbers that he now sees and on the first time me and mlb went out we succesfully tracked a deers with many more to come through out the time i have spent here. amongst other things but yet again not many rabbits and hares unless i travel about an hour on foot but thats what i do and its worth it. here is just a couple pics of the selection of what we have had. and also with the help of fraggle on his permission iv been able to get onto a few more rabbits

deer1.jpg

IMG_4151.jpg

IMG_5008.jpg

f-1.jpg

but it didnt come without its injuries this happened to storm while chasing an injured fox

IMG_3609.jpg

IMG_3610.jpg

IMG_3598.jpg

IMG_3605.jpg

i then had rew down for a few days as he wanted to get his bitch tracking and we had a decent couple days out tracking with storm and his bitch.

123-2.jpg.

but just lately i have been keeping storm away from the tracking side of things and trying to concentrate on rabbits as he has been mainly on the tracking game since i have been down here and it started to effect his retreiving so im working back on that now

12345.jpg

123-3.jpg

this is just a tiny clip from storms life i could go on and on and into more detail but ill stop here lol

hope you enjoyed the thread it fekin took me long enough lol

I feking love this dog and i dont know what i would do with out him to me he is a true alrounder

this is storm to date

52-1.jpg

6-11.jpg

12-8.jpg

W.h