First Couple Years of Sir Storms Life

Guest world.hunters

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest little lurcher

what i feel when i read this is the PRIDE pouring out , this is what lurchers running dogs and indeed all working dogs should have , the pride of the owner knowing they done good, well done W H for taking the time to recall all what you have done , i look forwards to hearing more in years to come

Guest Leveller

Fairplay to you mate so many people get caught up in using working dogs to breed from and Sir Storm is testament that the parents don't need to be workers with the right upbringing you can get "a true allrounder" out of yard of non working dogs.

Storm had his first retrived hare at arround 10months old this was totally accidental he ran a rabbit and on return it jumped up. but he managed to catch it and i was over joyed with him.

158.jpg

159.jpg

More walking ferreting mooching and lamping and storm was starting to shape up very nicely.

167.jpg

166.jpg

Storm had been showing intrest in retrieving foxes aswell but i never let him untill he was 11months old this may seem abit early but i was sure of my dogs mentality and i let him have a retreive doubled up with a mate dog. the 2 dogs were slipped and to my joy storm got there first and with the help of my mates dog it was over in seconds. and it was a very nice size aswell.

29122007219.jpg

Storm as he got older started getting onto some better numbers as i could walk him further and work him harder and harder.

176.jpg

12-3.jpg

And he likes his veg lol

180.jpg

179.jpg

More and more ferreting and more and more lamping untill i moved away from nottingham to Cowling in yorkshire a tiny village surrounded by country side a great improvement in my eyes to Nottingham.

7-4.jpg

183.jpg

185.jpg

9-3.jpg.

This was now my new hunting ground in yorkshire

10-4.jpg

9-4.jpg

11-3.jpg

there was alot more game and it wasnt to long till i managed to get a little bit of permission up there and get onto some more game.

13-4.jpg

19-3.jpg

16-3.jpg

3-5.jpg

123copy.jpg

15-3.jpg

34-2.jpg

21-2.jpg

22-2.jpg

Got to know a few more lads in and around the area and went out with Scouser and his mate with there 2 dogs one night on the bunnies and storm did very well on the night

23-2.jpg

But my life in yorkshire was cut brief when i decided to move in with my partner MLB at the bottom of england in the south.

storm had seen deer before but not in the numbers that he now sees and on the first time me and mlb went out we succesfully tracked a deers with many more to come through out the time i have spent here. amongst other things but yet again not many rabbits and hares unless i travel about an hour on foot but thats what i do and its worth it. here is just a couple pics of the selection of what we have had. and also with the help of fraggle on his permission iv been able to get onto a few more rabbits

deer1.jpg

IMG_4151.jpg

IMG_5008.jpg

f-1.jpg

but it didnt come without its injuries this happened to storm while chasing an injured fox

IMG_3609.jpg

IMG_3610.jpg

IMG_3598.jpg

IMG_3605.jpg

i then had rew down for a few days as he wanted to get his bitch tracking and we had a decent couple days out tracking with storm and his bitch.

123-2.jpg.

but just lately i have been keeping storm away from the tracking side of things and trying to concentrate on rabbits as he has been mainly on the tracking game since i have been down here and it started to effect his retreiving so im working back on that now

12345.jpg

123-3.jpg

this is just a tiny clip from storms life i could go on and on and into more detail but ill stop here lol

hope you enjoyed the thread it fekin took me long enough lol

I feking love this dog and i dont know what i would do with out him to me he is a true alrounder

this is storm to date

52-1.jpg

6-11.jpg

12-8.jpg

W.h

a great sounding dog what deer does he take and where in south england are you im in south-west. what breed is he. great read as well

• 3 months later...