made me a squirrel trap

i pieced together a design from various threads i'll try and upload the pics bear with me

ok the pics are too big any ideas how i can get them to work???

well the trap is 7x7x21 inches withy and internal door and a drop bar locking system hopefully get the pics up soon

i pieced together a design from various threads i'll try and upload the pics bear with me

ok the pics are too big any ideas how i can get them to work???

well the trap is 7x7x21 inches withy and internal door and a drop bar locking system hopefully get the pics up soon

post-26738-1227563267_thumb.jpg

post-26738-1227563413_thumb.jpg

post-26738-1227563428_thumb.jpg

the other pic these images might be useful to someone the cage is 7x7x18 inches and the door is an internal of dimensions 6x8 inches no spring but with a drop bar locking system made with 1 inch weld mesh the treadle is 3x5 i think . hope this is useful

rob

post-26738-1227563521_thumb.jpg

Your trap looks well, good job ;)

You need to address the issue of not harming your trapped quarry. Legally, So all spikes internally will need removing (cant make it out too well but the door has prongs bent inwards). It also needs de-burring. (all sharp edges removing).

You could also do with replacing the cable ties holding it togeather, with something stronger and more appropriate, myself or john b can help you out there. These can be chewed.

Hope you put it to use for more than just squirrels :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...
Gidday,

How did you bend te weld mesh? Do you have a folder?

Cheers,

Peter

yeah i am lucky enough to have access to my dads well stocked fabrication workshop if you can't find a tool in thier you don't need it:D

Rob

• 3 weeks later...

Lucky bugger. That looks good,I just have to find a metal folder.Have you caught any thing in it yet?

Cheers,

Peter

my sense of priority went out the window a bit as i made it just before the squigs qwent into hibernation :icon_redface: