White Dogs

Ok guys what are your opinions?

I was told not to get a white lurcher because when working would scare off all the prey

The person that told me this used to have a white lurcher and said he dies its hair brown because it scared everything off

What are you guys opinions/ Experiences?

Thanks

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok guys what are your opinions?

I was told not to get a white lurcher because when working would scare off all the prey

The person that told me this used to have a white lurcher and said he dies its hair brown because it scared everything off

What are you guys opinions/ Experiences?

Thanks

what a load of rubbish :drag:

never heard of the scaring thing myself but seen a few white dogs after grafting and they seem to be alright digging/lamping.never seemed to effect their working ability by colour anyhow ;) suppose any quarry that seas a dog is going to be scared mate.

Guest ferret feller

its a lot os wank mate my mates whippet grey is 10 now and called "ice" she was pulling the roe and fallow down last i heard and she would be still if there was no ban :laugh: btw she is pure white with a patch of grey on her head

Your mate must be off his head. I have got 2 coloured dogs now one is all white and she is great on the lamp. Most long dog quarry will smell the dog before they see it and anyway like the other lad said get your mate to hold his lamp while you stare back at it see what you can see.