she would have to put up with my whining.................and talk about traps and snares etc.

She wouldn't be able to hear you mate, the Mother in Law, (a 1st Cross Hyacinth Bucket X Thora Hird), would drown you out.....:haha:

Sounds like birds of prey are on the up, so something's improved since the '60s, in those days even a Kestrel was exotic round us...........

Just been up to the scottish borders where Buzzards are now very common. Last friday I had set out a few woodie decoys and was sat waiting for the grey hoards to arrive(which they didn't!) when suddenly whack a pair of Buzzrads flew over and one actually tried to pick up the plastic decoy...I couldn't believe it :icon_eek: never known them try to take woodies before.

In my own part of lancashire i had never seen one until a month ago when I saw one on a fence post next to charnock richard sevices. I hope it's the first of many as i love to see them when I'm out and about.

• 3 weeks later...

Buzzards,Kestrals,Sparrowhawks very common here in Leicestershire Peregrins getting seen more often.

I work at a cement works on their shutdowns , they've got a breeding pair of Peregrins there , fecking brill watching them.

One goes right up in the sky,almost out of sight,then the other spooks the pigeons as they scatter,the other drops out the sky and takes one. :good:

• 14 years later...
4 hours ago, taffey said:

Love watching the peregrines hunting see why pigeon fanciers don’t really like them ?

6219F6FF-DED5-4567-966C-335FF50E0938.jpeg

CACBC544-A841-4769-82CC-0D9D01F97AF7.jpeg

What would the rings be from on them any idea ?....there used to be a fella on here who was something to do with bird ringing i forget his name now i presume this was the sort of stuff he did i think it was to keep an eye on numbers etc

• Like 1

I think a lot of the more rare raptors get ringed as chicks in the nest, monitors things like migration and dispersal I would imaging, there are a lot of peregrines in and around Bristol there are 5 pair on the docks by my house and probably 10 or more witching a ten mile radius and buzzards are very common 27 pairs in one valley near me but I,ve only ever seen one kite ?

I know from the ring she was ringed Chester way her 3 Rd year on same site 3 hatched and raised last 2 years so hopefully this years ll go as well they lot younger than pics of chicks from last year atb taffey