WHAT SHOULD I DO

THE LAND I WALK ABOUT ON IS ALL ARABLE, THERES NO LIVSTOCK OR FENCES TO STOP ME ALSO 90% OF FIELDS I WALK THROUGH HAVE FOOTPATHS STRAIGHT THROUGH THE MIDDLE OF THEM. THERES A BLOKE WHO CANT AFFORD THE LOCAL SHOOT WHO FILLS THE FEED BINS UP ONCE A YEAR AND THATS ABOUT ALL HE DOES, (by shoot i mean very small last year it was 1000 birds released of wich 53 where shot :icon_redface: ) WHO THINKS HE A TOP GAME KEEPER LOL. ANY WAY HES RUNNING ROUND ON HIS HIGH HORSE SAYING HES GOING TO BLOW ME DOGS HEAD OFF :no: :realmad: , ITS NOT EVEN HIS LAND. I WONT STOP WHAT IM DOING AS MOST OF THE TIME IM NOT HUNTING JUST EXERCISEING MY DOGS :yes: .

SOME ADVISE NEEDED PLEASE, THANKS, FIELD SPORTS HUNTER.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You say "most" of the time your not hunting? If you have no permission (very naughty :) ) then I'd be carefull, if you are merely exercising your dog on a public footpath then no harm, no foul. This guy sounds like a tube but I'd be carefull what you do on the land.......

theres idiots like that everywhere mate, it actually classed as an armed threat i think well im sure you could turn it round a bit, but the police wont do nothing till he ctually does anything so basically thats useless because by that time he's shot your dog, i would pop round without the dog one day and give him a bit of a chat!! :boxing:

Never mind all the gung ho nonsense......when he says it again, tell him this "Go on then, do it!........and when you do I will phone the police and tell them you have threatened me with a firearm and shot my dog while waving the gun about"

I can guarantee they will have an ARV round to his house in 5 minutes flat and that will be the end of his firearm certificate.

Anyone who has guns should never make threats ;)

Edited by WILF
Never mind all the gung ho nonsense......when he says it again, tell him this "Go on then, do it!........and when you do I will phone the police and tell them you have threatened me with a firearm and shot my dog while waving the gun about"

I can guarantee they will have an ARV round to his house in 5 minutes flat and that will be the end of his firearm certificate.

Anyone who has guns should never make threats ;)

good advice, thank you

Dog walkers can be a pain in the arse when you are trying to run a shoot, but threatening to shoot a dog is not on.

As someone else has said, report him to the police. Just making the threat is enough for him to loose his ticket.

Or you could go and see him, without your dog, and ask him why he has such a problem with you, and where else you can walk. If he won't be reasonable, tell him you are going to report him.

Once released, pheasants are classified as wild not livestock. That means that he would never have the right to shoot a dog even if it was chasing birds.

Dog walkers can be a pain in the arse when you are trying to run a shoot, but threatening to shoot a dog is not on.

As someone else has said, report him to the police. Just making the threat is enough for him to loose his ticket.

Or you could go and see him, without your dog, and ask him why he has such a problem with you, and where else you can walk. If he won't be reasonable, tell him you are going to report him.

Once released, pheasants are classified as wild not livestock. That means that he would never have the right to shoot a dog even if it was chasing birds.

and if he was to shoot my dogs, then what, where would i stand.

and if he was to shoot my dogs, then what, where would i stand.

He wont!..........because if he did he would be in a whole world of shite ;)