Hancocks Beardie half cross

Hi Has anyone got any Hancock Half cross Beardie pics im interested in taking one of his pups off Hector but id like a bit more info and pics he says there very popular so is there anyone out there???

PLEASE.....I know there not working strain and YES.. I know im buying off a puppy pedlar ..I DONT WANT THIS TO BECOME ANOTHER HANCOCK SLANGING MATCH I just want info and pics of this cross also any collie cross workers why choose beardie have they the intelligence of the border as it seems to be mainly the border we see doing the agility stuff.

To be honest ive thought of having a Beardie / Border cross as i cant seem to really make my mind up but the straight beardie half cross seems to make a smaller dog inwhich would suit me better (No i dont want a beddie x whippet cus they make a smaller dog)

• Like 1

Hi Has anyone got any Hancock Half cross Beardie pics im interested in taking one of his pups off Hector but id like a bit more info and pics he says there very popular so is there anyone out there???

PLEASE.....I know there not working strain and YES.. I know im buying off a puppy pedlar ..I DONT WANT THIS TO BECOME ANOTHER HANCOCK SLANGING MATCH I just want info and pics of this cross also any collie cross workers why choose beardie have they the intelligence of the border as it seems to be mainly the border we see doing the agility stuff.

To be honest ive thought of having a Beardie / Border cross as i cant seem to really make my mind up but the straight beardie half cross seems to make a smaller dog inwhich would suit me better (No i dont want a beddie x whippet cus they make a smaller dog)

This is my mates lurcher shes bred through hancocks stuff i think shes bearded greyhound border greyhound with a touch of whippet put to a bull greyhound she has alot of beardie trates though!

post-25667-1226088102_thumb.jpg

a guy a work with had a beardiexgreyXborder colliexgrey years ago off hancock an it was a superb dog on hare's...regularly took them an with a bit of style as well..also done deer with it but for some reason it was just suited to old long ears..so much so that when its talked about its simply referred to as the legend!!!! thanks chris....

oops posted that twice..sorry...cheers chris..

I remember lastyear i had to pick up a lovely bitch off sum1 i knew for me mate it was a tumbler cross bearded full of energy great on hare and turns out to be gud on other stuff to

Regards Beardie collies, dont know any working dogs, but plenty of good working border'collies.

As you say if its a Beardie x grey you want, then you know where to go. I would not go there myself,

my 1x collie grey was bred from a good hard farm border collie to a 1000yds grey bitch. My mate

bred him, he is had 40 rabbits so far not bad for a 13month old pup. :victory: As i said plenty of

good working borders, but not beardie's :wallbash:

hanckocks beardies were not a patch on the stuff marc c glenn bred years ago and there are beardies still about that work here in scotland see them regulary blue and grey no merle or overly long coats either had two good dogs but no big feild dogs but decent rabbiting dogs ,they were good but not for several hares roe a nite , but good dogs got to a working feild trail with them so did my old mate mc glenn some of my colie line bred stuff has a bit beardie in them there hardie dogs and like a scrap with anything that bites back but still soft on roehares rabbs , but not the best pets no reverse gear at times

Very impressive mixed bag undisputed,thats good advertising for Handcock breeding.I was over in Hancocks yard in 88,wasnt too impressed with what I saw,thought Mr hancock was a genuinely nice man though as was his daughter Sally(I think).

I have a half cross beardie sired by Hector, he is only nine months so experience is limited but i will tell you the story so far. Dont have pics but he stands at just over 23 inchs. He is a very affectionate and calm dog, walking to heel and recall came naturally, took about five minutes to train him to sit. Have recently started introducing him to lamping and he's picking the idea up quite quickly he caught his first rabbit on the lamp a few days ago. I have always kept him with another dog and i think he would have struggled if left in his own company too long. Definately no good if you want a dog for a hardman image, more a dog for the quite countryman