I was just seeing if any one knew any good was of cooking the loin iv cooked it a thew times always in the pan just seeing if any 1 knows any quick nice recipes for it ?thank you

Edited by Penda

Which ever way you decide on, don't over cook it.

Definately good advice there.

I would roast in a hot oven until just cooked, times are dependent on oven and size, shape of joint.

You are very lucky, this is my favourite part of a deer, I am salivating just typing here..

In fact i am going to have a rumage in the freezer..see what i can find..

Matt

Which ever way you decide on, don't over cook it.

Definately good advice there.

I would roast in a hot oven until just cooked, times are dependent on oven and size, shape of joint.

You are very lucky, this is my favourite part of a deer, I am salivating just typing here..

In fact i am going to have a rumage in the freezer..see what i can find..

Matt

my favourite bit too!!never any in our freezer,it always gets eaten before it has chance to be frozen!! :icon_redface:

Venison Loin. Have either red-currant Jelly, Rowan Jelly or Cranberry jelly handy.

(1) You can cut it into Chops, 5 mins each side max. Some good mash, spoonfull of Jelly.

(2) Bone out the tenderloin and cut into escalopes decently thick, again 5 mins each side. Sauce of onion, mushrooms, good glug of dry wine. Touch lemon juice and some sour cream.

(3) The traditional Roast. Rub meat all over with good dripping, wrap in greaseproof papers. Get you kid to make a stiff flour paste coat the wrap in paste and wrap again in greaseproof paper. Wrap it with string. Oven at 175C (350F)3-4 hours dependant on size. Half hour before serving take off all the layers, dredge loin with flour. Raise oven to 200C and baste well. Make a gravy and serve with Red-currannt jelly.

:cry:

Here's my recipe, I've had a number of 'picky eaters' try this and they've been licking the plate clean.

Marinade it for a day or two first. I prefer a couple of days.

Keep turning it a couple of times a day.

Marinade:

Cheap Red wine

Finely chopped shallots

Crushed Garlic

Fresh Parsley

A few juniper berries (8 - 10), slightly crushed

Season with salt and pepper

Strain the marinade when it comes to cooking the venison and retain it to make the sauce.

Slow roast it, covered with foil. Uncover for the last 1/2 hour.

For the sauce, heat up a large frying pan or wok.

Pour in the strained marinade and add a couple of big dollops of redcurrant jelly.

Stir and reduce the sauce until it thickens.

Serve with roast parsnips, carrots, peas and game chips.

Game chips:

Cut potatoes into very thin slices.

Pat dry on kitchen towel.

Heat oil, test by dropping a cube of fresh bread into the oil. If it browns quickly, the oil is ready to use.

Fry the chips a few at a time, so that they do not stick together.

Sprinkle with salt and drain well on kitchen towel.

Edited by Cornio