Out on Saturday with the new walked up syndicate. Couldn't hit a pheasant for toffee. After an hour or so's walking the shout of "'cock" from down the line to my left. Flies right across in front of me about 30 yrds out. Downed it with the fist barrell. Well chuffed :D even though I got nowt else all day :wallbash:

Out on Saturday with the new walked up syndicate. Couldn't hit a pheasant for toffee. After an hour or so's walking the shout of "'cock" from down the line to my left. Flies right across in front of me about 30 yrds out. Downed it with the fist barrell. Well chuffed :D even though I got nowt else all day :wallbash:

Well done stringer, woodcock are magic little birds and my favourite quarry. Im up north next weekend chasing them just after the full moon. Hope there will be a few birds in by then. Did you see any more on your day out.

Chess

Well done stringer, woodcock are magic little birds and my favourite quarry. Im up north next weekend chasing them just after the full moon. Hope there will be a few birds in by then. Did you see any more on your day out.

Chess

Yes, we saw quite a few mate. Only one more in the bag though :icon_redface:

Chess

Good to know there are some about already, havnt seen one yet where i am although not been out that much. Where abouts are you Stringer if you dont mind me asking. I will be on Arran next week.

Chess

Chess

Good to know there are some about already, havnt seen one yet where i am although not been out that much. Where abouts are you Stringer if you dont mind me asking. I will be on Arran next week.

Chess

I live in Kilmarnock, not far from Ardrossan where you catch the ferry to Arran. You're not up stalking on Arran by any chance? I know BASC run stalking weeks over there.

Chess

Chess

I live in Kilmarnock, not far from Ardrossan where you catch the ferry to Arran. You're not up stalking on Arran by any chance? I know BASC run stalking weeks over there.

No Stringer, just chasing woodcock and some teal flighting

Our shoot is right on the Clyde south of Ayr and from the Western boundry looks over to Arran. I am sure you will see some good sport and Arran is beautiful.

Yes im a regular visitor Stringer. Usually have some cracking sport with woodcock and have a couple of flight ponds just back from the shore which are a big draw for teal. Superb spot flighting them looking out to sea with the waves crashing in :victory:

i rose a small bird on the shore of my lake really fast flight, woodcock?

Could be or it could have been a snipe or indeed any other reall fast flying bird :thumbs: What did it look like ?

straight fine beak, short pointed wings sandy brown colour.

i rose a small bird on the shore of my lake really fast flight, woodcock?

Could be or it could have been a snipe or indeed any other reall fast flying bird :thumbs: What did it look like ?

straight fine beak, short pointed wings sandy brown colour.

Sounds like a snipe Glue. There is a marked difference in size with snipe not a lot bigger than a large sparrow bodywise but woodcock large blackbird size :blink: