Bull X Terrier,..

Hi Guys and Gals,..

Would like to hear from anyone who has had (for digging) Bull X terriers (Russells, Patts, Lakeland etc) and what they thought of the type?...Also what size did they go to, wastage in the litters?...what size Bull was used?...where they hard?..bayers?...did you loose nose, hunting ability through the addision of the Bull blood?...how where they with other dogs etc?..

Any pictures would be great...just nice to see a few good pics,...

Thanks in advance guys,..

Kye,..

This ones a lakie, pat, pbull x only a bit of bull and was one of the gamest terriers I have ever seen he's 14 now and a bit worse for it, he has the heart of a lion. Have had a few bull crosses and never had a problem with loss of nose or anything like that. As with um all lots don't make it but some do and bulls don't seem to be any different.

Thanks for the reply Leon,..

Ive dug to two, one was GREAT, the other was one of the WORST terriers i ever dug to, but the guy who had it was a bit of a tit...

thanks again mate,..

Kye,..

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Guys and Gals,..

Would like to hear from anyone who has had (for digging) Bull X terriers (Russells, Patts, Lakeland etc) and what they thought of the type?...Also what size did they go to, wastage in the litters?...what size Bull was used?...where they hard?..bayers?...did you loose nose, hunting ability through the addision of the Bull blood?...how where they with other dogs etc?..

Any pictures would be great...just nice to see a few good pics,...

Thanks in advance guys,..

Kye,..

Are you thinking of putting that nice little male you had over any of your russells mate? Could be interesting....but not for flyball :laugh:

lol @ Stabs..

No mate, i wouldnt insult the Russell blood with that little black brindle wally!..lol.

I was thinking about maybe to the lakeland of mine when she is fully tested...i would just keep the smallest in the litter, and cull the rest...would be useless for most things over here, but would be handy to have a dog like that for denning coyotes...i just want a dog that is able to do it without risking a good earth dog on such a task...just to help landowners when i move...always good if you can help a bloke out...a good way to broaden your hunting grounds!..lol.

Cheers for the info Tufft...i think a lot of lines have Bull in...some closer than others, but i think quite a few have it in there!..

Kye..

Guest potter
lol @ Stabs..

No mate, i wouldnt insult the Russell blood with that little black brindle wally!..lol.

I was thinking about maybe to the lakeland of mine when she is fully tested...i would just keep the smallest in the litter, and cull the rest...would be useless for most things over here, but would be handy to have a dog like that for denning coyotes...i just want a dog that is able to do it without risking a good earth dog on such a task...just to help landowners when i move...always good if you can help a bloke out...a good way to broaden your hunting grounds!..lol.

Cheers for the info Tufft...i think a lot of lines have Bull in...some closer than others, but i think quite a few have it in there!..

Kye..

2 b honest if u need to put bull in em just change your line of terrier.imo.

lol..i would fully agree with NORMAL quarry Potter...but if a farmer is asking you to dig out a den of coyotes, and mamma's home, and she is 22"-23" at the shoulder and weighs in at 35-45lbs, would you want to put your best digging terrier in there, or a dog that is half Bull, and can dish it out a little...taking into account that Coyotes EAT dogs!..lol..

I suppose you could always run the parents with Lurchers, or shoot them, but i would NEVER let pups/cubs starve to death, so imo, they are best dealt within the den...

Kye,..

Guest potter
lol..i would fully agree with NORMAL quarry Potter...but if a farmer is asking you to dig out a den of coyotes, and mamma's home, and she is 22"-23" at the shoulder and weighs in at 35-45lbs, would you want to put your best digging terrier in there, or a dog that is half Bull, and can dish it out a little...taking into account that Coyotes EAT dogs!..lol..

I suppose you could always run the parents with Lurchers, or shoot them, but i would NEVER let pups/cubs starve to death, so imo, they are best dealt within the den...

Kye,..

think you sed it all [bANNED TEXT],y put a terrier in2 something thats gonna kill it. use other methods. i must be daft. imo.

Kye,..

think you sed it all [bANNED TEXT],y put a terrier in2 something thats gonna kill it. use other methods. i must be daft. imo.

its just f**kin dawned on me ! ive 4got [bANNED TEXT] terriers r 4!

The luck i have had with terrier mate, the LAST thing i want to do is put them to a coyote!..lol..i wouldnt risk a good earth dog that would give me years of hunting, and hundreds of Raccoons, Ground Hogs and Fox...

The chance of me having to shift coyote pups is fairly small, but it could well happen and its always nice to help a person out...i probably wont breed the cross anyway, but if i do, i would only breed to keep one for myself,...so the terrier gene pool wouldnt suffer through such monsters!..lol...just thinking out aloud more than anything mate.

Kye,..

• 2 weeks later...

i hav a patterdale cross bull she is 6 yrs old and hasnt got any teeth left. she use 2 bay for the first few mins but then she would mix it quiet badly i do recomend putting a dash of bull in them for staying abillty and they have very good noses if they have any left lol

i hav a patterdale cross bull she is 6 yrs old and hasnt got any teeth left. she use 2 bay for the first few mins but then she would mix it quiet badly i do recomend putting a dash of bull in them for staying abillty and they have very good noses if they have any left lol

I'd like to see a pic if you have one. I am waiting for my p-bull bith to come on so I can put the Patt dog over her. I reckon they will make good bush bashers on pigs and deer?

3/4 Bull 1/4 Patt

poser.jpg

Terrible nose on her but can't fault her heart.

She looks the goods. My APBT bitch is almost identical to her. What % of working Patts have the P-bull blood infusion and what is the most desirable %?