New Hawk

scotlandforever

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you fuxxin crazy you will end up with a dead bir if it loses 2oz in a day

I can't say I read that anywhere :hmm:.....

You wouldn't get 2oz's off a Harrishawk or any other Hawk in 24hrs even when its fasting :no:, reading through the posts the guy has done well with his bird and making a grand job......

Jasper

• 2 weeks later...

Well done mate im doing my homework as im after a harris :D Was a good thread to read lol ( took him in to watch top gear haha :D ) gunna do a bit more homework for cuple of weeks. Gunna start on an avery tomorrow if the weathers any better. Good luck with him.

Dan :thumbs:

Ive did all type of hunting and when i went out with a friend last week with his hawk it was amazing to watch . I was standing there just getting all excited when it went for a swoop at a bunny like a little kid haha . First rabbit and it got it aswell ... i used to think my lurchers were a good buzz but watching that was great lol so its spurred me into getting one :D

Dan :thumbs:

• 6 months later...

well done mate, i'm in the middle of reading up on training a harris hawk etc as i'm wanting 1 myself in the near future, from what iv'e read from your thread as given more drive than ever, lol i'd be like you 'shi**ing bricks letting it free for the 1st time!!

congrats! :clapper:

Dean

If the birds finished moulting and ready to go then why not ? i know a guy whos male harris has been free for 2 weeks now and he put his down same day as mine

nothing to do with moulting and all to do with leaves on trees, baby bunnies, fledglings still about...........and so on.