Young Greyhounds

klkl iv just gotten a bitch out a dog called anie the boy ses she was sposedly quite handy dog her ear mark is xea or xye al have a look tmz she is black a cracking wee thing 27" quiet as a mouse the lad said she isnt chasing but the bitch will chase anything for me she is retreving a golf ball and a rabbit hide and will chase a bag im gonna put her round the track soon and see what like we are over 300 . 500 or 680 or 800 ill just slip her and see i think the bitch has nocked her self or something as her back leg seems a bit tight and she is walking short a bit after running so im gonna rest her up a bit first how will i find details about her she is only stamped in the one ear as she is bread here . iv always been told you start the schooling at about 16-18 months but it seems people are breaking them in alot earlyer nowadays.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

klkl iv just gotten a bitch out a dog called anie the boy ses she was sposedly quite handy dog her ear mark is xea or xye al have a look tmz she is black a cracking wee thing 27" quiet as a mouse the lad said she isnt chasing but the bitch will chase anything for me she is retreving a golf ball and a rabbit hide and will chase a bag im gonna put her round the track soon and see what like we are over 300 . 500 or 680 or 800 ill just slip her and see i think the bitch has nocked her self or something as her back leg seems a bit tight and she is walking short a bit after running so im gonna rest her up a bit first how will i find details about her she is only stamped in the one ear as she is bread here . iv always been told you start the schooling at about 16-18 months but it seems people are breaking them in alot earlyer nowadays.

Good luck with your dog but it might be safer encouraging your dog to retrieve something less dangerous than golf balls - it is too easy for a dog to swallow them. My friend's dog took ill and when it was x-rayed foreign objects showed up lodged in its digestive tract. It required an operation to remove them - it turned out the dog had swallowed a couple of golf balls and large stones - quite expensive!!!

she doesnt chew or try to swallow them she retreves everything straight back the only reason i knew she retreved them was she started picking them up and bringing them back to my on the golfcourse i walk on she isnt gonna be an open race dog but its just to get back in the swing of having a racer of my own i stoped parading 3 years ago so have missed the dogs iv been brought up racing them so im not realy a newcomer i just dont have the money to bring a decent dog over the now and refuse to pay for the crap thats up my way id rather give this bitch a chance and keep her as company for my other dog she works with the ferrets ok aswell so she is worth the kennel space .

I agree Greengrass, i didnt think he would have at first but i do now.

Heres a dog ive had the pleasure of following and he is a credit to his trainer: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1484591

His last line of form is a serious run considering the weather weve had here the last 6 weeks.

Heres a little bitch i have high hopes for, she ran last night as i had to keep her card running, she hasnt been off the lead in a while with the ground and has little of no schooling, she ran very well but most importantly she has blinding early.

http://www.igb.ie/Trainers-Landing/greyhou...id=HADES%20GIRL

Heres a dog ive had the pleasure of following and he is a credit to his trainer: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1484591

His last line of form is a serious run considering the weather weve had here the last 6 weeks.

Heres a little bitch i have high hopes for, she ran last night as i had to keep her card running, she hasnt been off the lead in a while with the ground and has little of no schooling, she ran very well but most importantly she has blinding early.

She ran well trev.. must have a fair staying if shes only 59-60lb wt and 1113 .. im guessing she ran wide in the last bend? had that with an one i had he used run on the very edge grass mostly .. first ever race he came 1112.. gutted got piped by a head... she must be a fast traper...

keep me updated on this one trev ... fingers crossed she will win all round her... :victory:

And the dog above he must be good one well any dog doing 28.50s has no shortage of speed and stay... :icon_eek:

Accordello has a write up in this weeks Sporting Press was fancied tonight as well?

Y.I.S Leeview

Guest fence_hopper

whens it for sale mate need a grey myself peddler

Accordello has a write up in this weeks Sporting Press was fancied tonight as well?

Y.I.S Leeview

Hows things mate??

The dog was a little bit unlucky not to win and its a real shame because the winner got back in on the fastest fourth finish, Trained by Paul hennessy who taking nothing away from the man has won his fare share of classics, i would have loved to seen Lar winning because it would have made him, he would be a relativly small time trainer, but take nothing away from the dog is a top class.

• 1 month later...

the pup i got of maxhardcore out ov the hawk is doing very well at the minute,first race was on sky sports in a 509m puppy open at swindon and he won coming of the back 10-1,since that he was 3rd at monmore,found trouble,he then ran in open at coventry and won in 29.44,solo around swindon tuesday did 28.98 hopefull in another 509 saturday at swindon,480 a bit short for him

Edited by brock
the pup i got of maxhardcore out ov the hawk is doing very well at the minute,first race was on sky sports in a 509m puppy open at swindon and he won coming of the back 10-1,since that he was 3rd at monmore,found trouble,he then ran in open at coventry and won in 29.44,solo around swindon tuesday did 28.98 hopefull in another 509 saturday at swindon,480 a bit short for him

What's is racing name mate ???? Is he worth a few shilling on Saturday ??