so what your saying is as long as you have a full service history with nissan your ok ? mine is fully serviced by nissan when i bought it i,m wondering if as long as i continue to service it with them i,ll be a ok

Guest blackntan
so what your saying is as long as you have a full service history with nissan your ok ? mine is fully serviced by nissan when i bought it i,m wondering if as long as i continue to service it with them i,ll be a ok
D40 HAS LOADS OH PROBLEMS

I have a D22 or a 02 plate. I have had it now for near on 3 years and touch wood its never missed a beat, gone through all the MOT's no problem too....

Its now covered 104,000 I think and don't take a drop of oil, I would be lost without it to be honest...

It would be a D40 I would replace it with so I would be interested to here what the problems are with them if someone can fill me in?

Jasper

Guest blackntan
I have a D22 or a 02 plate. I have had it now for near on 3 years and touch wood its never missed a beat, gone through all the MOT's no problem too....

Its now covered 104,000 I think and don't take a drop of oil, I would be lost without it to be honest...

It would be a D40 I would replace it with so I would be interested to here what the problems are with them if someone can fill me in?

Jasper

my first D40 57 back axell blew up 2000 miles , spring on back went 5000 mile clutch 6000 mile heater/ aircon broke, satnvav needed new bits, nissan swaped it my replacemet clutch went 2000 miles, engine cut out on motoway twice axel went 5000, nissan replaced it , my third 08 running like a dream touch wood

The D22, 2.5Di was built for purpose, it's a commercial vehicle designed for hard work.

The D40, 2.5dCi is primary built for the liesure market with good off-road capability but the emphasis has been placed on tarmac use and family orientated.

The D22 was phased out in early 2005 and the new D40 introduced as a relativly whole new vehicle but retained the Navara logo.

The problematic vehicle is the D40, 2.5dCi from 2005 until and including 2006.

Nic and Steve you have the D22, 2.5Di which is problem free ... :clapper:

The D22, 2.5Di was built for purpose, it's a commercial vehicle designed for hard work.

The D40, 2.5dCi is primary built for the liesure market with good off-road capability but the emphasis has been placed on tarmac use and family orientated.

The D22 was phased out in early 2005 and the new D40 introduced as a relativly whole new vehicle but retained the Navara logo.

DO YOU WORK FOR NISSAN THEN
Guest blackntan

MY 08 IS A WORKHORSE GOES ANY WERE A D22 CAN GO THEY JUST UP GRADED IT , THEY SEEMED TO HAVE IRONED OUT THE FAULTS ;)

Thank you !! I guess just the con rod thing we have to watch for :(

Nic

Jasper

my first D40 57 back axell blew up 2000 miles , spring on back went 5000 mile clutch 6000 mile heater/ aircon broke, satnvav needed new bits, nissan swaped it my replacemet clutch went 2000 miles, engine cut out on motoway twice axel went 5000, nissan replaced it , my third 08 running like a dream touch wood

Thats loyalty for you....

I'd of been striaght round the Toyota garage :clapper:

Guest blackntan

Jasper

got one of them aswell ;)

Jasper

got one of them aswell ;)

:clapper::clapper::clapper:

Sorry.

This is case of 'People in Glass Houses shouldn't throw stones' Or 'The pot calling the kettle black'

Cause i'm on my 7th Landrover

lol

Now that realy is loyalty eh? :blink: