Deerhunter Montana jacket.

Guest john the baptist

Guest john the baptist

Bought a deerhunter montana in olive green, as i was after a 100% waterproof, warm winter coat for fishing. Wore the coat a couple of times with the fleece zipped inside and found it too warm, especialy for this time of year. Anyway, wore the coat yesterday on the river and boy did it rain. I purposly stood out in the rain all morning to try it out. I was more than impressed, and the jacket is, as they claim totally waterproof. 10 OUT OF 10.

Guest john the baptist

Sorry chaps, this jacket also comes in 2 different realtree camo paterns as well as green. I payed £145 for mine from Decoying at Wigan. You can get them a little cheaper online from sporting supplies online, as i found out after i'd bought mine.

• 2 weeks later...

i've had a deerhunter montana 5 in one for about 2 and a half years and i agree its to hot to wear with the fleese in, and at first it was waterproof but i tend to get a bit wet nowadays if we get heavy rain. maybe tine for a new coat.

i've had a deerhunter montana 5 in one for about 2 and a half years and i agree its to hot to wear with the fleese in, and at first it was waterproof but i tend to get a bit wet nowadays if we get heavy rain. maybe tine for a new coat.

try reproofing it with nicwax washin i did my fishing jacket its okay now suree they will have some to do these jackets ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest blackntan
Got the 5-1 about 3 years back?Still an excellent jacket ;) warm as toast with the fleece zipped in :)
I GOT ONE BUT FOUND THE WATER RUN TO THE BOTTOM OF THE COAT AND HOLDS THERE , I GOT A DEER HUNTER ALL GREEN COAT FOR £70 AND FOUND IT TO BE FAR BETTER THAN THE MONTANA BEEN TOLD THEY DONT MAKE THIS TYPE NO MORE
  • 5 weeks later...

This topic caught my eye,whats the jacket made of? Like in laymans terms,is it like a wax cotton or is it more of a goretex jobby,im just thinking about the weight factor cos sometimes i have to leg it rather rapidly, back to the car which can be a few hills and valleys away. ;)

fantastic jacket !!! my wife bought me one for xmas, i did have a barbar wax and i would sweat so much the steam would leave me like a smoking stack.

i would then go freezing cold and spoil the day i couldnt even hold the gun streight.

the montana just keeps me warm and is breathable so dont sweat , its the best jacket ive had. she bought it for £135 including postage from black wolf clothing off the internet, they were very cheep and helpful 10/10 for them