Springers, Cockers and Pointers

Do some gundogs breeds excel at somethings others breeds dont or is it just a case of breed preference ,i saw a few cockers and springers working and they are busy little workers on the move all the time even when at heel you can see they are just waiting like springs to get sent on again

Yes different breeds excell at different things, ex springers+cockers for working.

Labs and goldens for retreiving ;)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and spaniels

The brown and white springer is a lovely looking dog mate. How is it bred. What do you hunt with them?

its father is a liver and white springer and the mother is a black and white springer and they are used for pheasnt shooting and pigeon shooting

Did you bred the dog yourself. Thats what i use mine for as well mate cant wait for the new season. Plenty of pheasants around.

Here is some from last year my cocker was 14-15month old at time & has filled out slightly now but no recent pics.

Picture1813.jpg

Picture1910.jpg

Picture2212.jpg

Picture2036.jpg

Picture2374.jpg.

Ya should be proud of that cocker mate a very impressive looking dog even not filled out. Are your labs any good to work?

and spaniels

The brown and white springer is a lovely looking dog mate. How is it bred. What do you hunt with them?

its father is a liver and white springer and the mother is a black and white springer and they are used for pheasnt shooting and pigeon shooting

Did you bred the dog yourself. Thats what i use mine for as well mate cant wait for the new season. Plenty of pheasants around.

no i didnt breed it myself and i there not mine i work them alot took them out today and got nowt

and spaniels

no i didnt breed it myself and i there not mine i work them alot took them out today and got nowt

Empty bag is always dissapionting but for me if the dogs hunt well and enjoy im happy.

and spaniels

Empty bag is always dissapionting but for me if the dogs hunt well and enjoy im happy.

the dogs worked well was thinking of taking my gsp but shes better at deer stalking

and spaniels

the dogs worked well was thinking of taking my gsp but shes better at deer stalking

Really yeah, probably would of been no harm to bring the GSP. My father had an absolute beler GSP a few years ago couldn ever leave him at home could break out of the run and always followed. The only time we would be leaving him home was a clwy pigeon shoot though.

my dog is only good at tracking caught the sent of a big buck while walking it on the long lead and followed it i seen he deer and i was glad that the dog could track it by scent i let it of and it chased it found it an hour later with its nose to the ground must of lost it

my dog is only good at tracking caught the sent of a big buck while walking it on the long lead and followed it i seen he deer and i was glad that the dog could track it by scent i let it of and it chased it found it an hour later with its nose to the ground must of lost it

If his nose is that good he could be put to game no trouble id say. If he can pick up the scent its half the battle

If his nose is that good he could be put to game no trouble id say. If he can pick up the scent its half the battle

hope so bloody useless the last time i took her might be different though she's a gd ferreting dog