Springers, Cockers and Pointers

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DSC00091.jpg

hope this works CASS + JAZZ GWP+ESS

Worked alright mate. Great to see a thread like this getting posts. Dogs like ours dont get much talk on this site. Wrong time of year i guess

CASS the GWP is nearly 13 now and still working been a fantastic bitch and a great guard dog watching over the kids.

I won't get another like her :(

Hello Lewis,

Could you shed any light on the question I asked Paul. Is there any trurh in it?

I see the question now ;)

IMO they are both just as easy to train, But it mainly depends on the dog.

Male spaniels have to be nipped young so they know you are the dominant figure-or they will think they own you.

Although i think female spaniels are a bit more submissive than males, But it really does depend on the dog or bitch.

I know well of both sex's and preffer a bitch ;)

Also keep the name short and one syllable

Cheers :)

Edited by lewismac1
Hello Lewis,

Could you shed any light on the question I asked Paul. Is there any trurh in it?

I see the question now ;)

IMO they are both just as easy to train, But it mainly depends on the dog.

Male spaniels have to be nipped young so they know you are the dominant figure-or they will think they own you.

Although i think female spaniels are a bit more submissive than males, But it really does depend on the dog or bitch.

I know well of both sex's and preffer a bitch ;)

Also keep the name short and one syllable

Cheers :)

Cheers for that mate,

I had the name right anyway maybe being submissive can be seen as easier train. I prefer a bitch in a springer myself, Prefer a male in a JRT though.

No real reason just personal preference.

and spaniels

The brown and white springer is a lovely looking dog mate. How is it bred. What do you hunt with them?

its father is a liver and white springer and the mother is a black and white springer and they are used for pheasnt shooting and pigeon shooting

Do some gundogs breeds excel at somethings others breeds dont or is it just a case of breed preference ,i saw a few cockers and springers working and they are busy little workers on the move all the time even when at heel you can see they are just waiting like springs to get sent on again

This Is Misty, 3 Year old Labrador.

I started training her late and even now It's hard as she lives with my Nan (Half Hour away)

Misty, Her Sister & Her Mum work on my Uncles Pheasant Shoot and are bred by my Uncle.

The Gran 'Faith' used to work but she's now 14 and retired but In her day was a f*cking good dog!

DSCF1295.jpg

DSCF0928.jpg

DSCF0914.jpg

Butch :thumbs: