Goshawks Coming Into Condition

jasper65

Guest bald eagle1

hi tony cheers for the reply i think you will see me again down in Norfolk as long as your prepared to sell me a gos?? what are the benefits of having a gos imprinted as opposed to parent reared and what are the drawbacks. i dont really want to go to someone else as im real happy with Inca my female harris u sold me.

hi tony cheers for the reply i think you will see me again down in Norfolk as long as your prepared to sell me a gos?? what are the benefits of having a gos imprinted as opposed to parent reared and what are the drawbacks. i dont really want to go to someone else as im real happy with Inca my female harris u sold me.

Hello Gary

I'll be Honest the only Imprints I have flown have been Spars! I know a few people who have Imprinted Goshawks that have done well with them and made a decent job of them but personally give me a P/R any day, I don't think there is any advantages or disadvantegs in the field but some of the Imprint Females can be a little aggresive at the start until they get a few kills under their belt which is why most are flown to the lure instead of the fist, to be Honest I would rather have any Gos smack the fist on its return than flown to a lure anyday, I get more of a buzz watching them return to the glove, their are other things like Mantling I don't like to see either, basically Gary its Horses for courses! but I'll stick with the traditional methods of taking up as good as wild P/R bird and enjoying every minute of it being a loonatic coming through each stage until the day comes that she's steadied up and loose in the field and you can go out and kill something with her/him, It times like this you can give yourself a slap on the back and give ourselves some credit ;).

Take Care Mate

Tony

PS, Give us a ring whenever mate!