line breeding?

If you gift your pups to trusted lads FD you wouldn't have to express your breeding conditions, it should just come as standard as to how things work. If I thought I had to explain anything to someone I knew they wouldn't get one in the first place, and vice versa. (I'm not picking through your post by the way). :thumbs:

• Like 2

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If breeding terriers or any working animal was as easy as some profess wouldn't we all have a yard of workers ? I've only had one lifetime,  I'm no expert but I can tell you what I've come to kno

i've been lucky enough to chat about breeding with some of what i class as greats worker breeders of the type i like , but as Dillydog has said we only have the one life time, i've had my own terriers

Exactly,  you can eliminate all the luck factors,  you can go to the legends with their legendary dogs and bitches and still produce shit.  I'm with you 100% in taking the guess work out of breeding a

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Apache... said:

If you gift your pups to trusted lads FD you wouldn't have to express your breeding conditions, it should just come as standard as to how things work. If I thought I had to explain anything to someone I knew they wouldn't get one in the first place, and vice versa. (I'm not picking through your post by the way). :thumbs:

You would think that would be so mate and usually is but  people being fickle beings have a habit of going against the grain. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, ALLYMOORE said:

I don't know so tell me ????

I don't have a f***ing clue who you are bud so enlighten me ,likewise you don't know me ,my dogs or anything else only what you read on here which to all intents and purposes is chiselled to be politically correct .

Hopefully this comes across the right way but I've noticed the more litters lads breed within a line, the smaller the tykes get and weeker the jaw thus prematurely taking the line to an end as those traits are hard to rectify  long term .

From the little i know, it's not about how tight you breed but rather when you choose to outcross and then most importantly, what to....

In my opinion, outcrossing would be as late as possible and almost always with a line that stems from the same stock...

I can't "like" it Bosun so once again I'll just have to tell you ?

I've seen close breeding bring down the size of bitches and conversely take the size of dogs up. I tried talking about it on here once and someone kindly put up a link to a paper on genetics, I no longer have it or I'd put it back up. If you cut out all the waffle and took it to the layman's talk it basically said breed out of your strongest bitches. A bitch always wants to be feminine, so by constantly breeding tight (without picking your strongest bitches) you'll double up on the feminine influence. The same stands for dogs (masculinity) , keep an eye out for it, I've seen it with my own eyes with a line that's nowhere near as tight as the one I keep now.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

As dilly and fd said finding the right lads is hard but if I had such a bitch worthy of breeding from I would seek the advice of the owner of such a such line and get there advice because they would be in the best position to point you in the right direction regarding a stud  as no ones knows the line better but that's not  always the case and when getting a pup promises are sometimes forgotten 

• Like 3