line breeding?

On ‎30‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 13:41, Glyn..... said:

yes mate 

how has your the breeding turned out know Glyn ???  does the family of dog still produce considering you started with what some would classed as good blood by a lot of men Nuttal.  Breay etc, even though they  probably thought nothing of doubling up.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If breeding terriers or any working animal was as easy as some profess wouldn't we all have a yard of workers ? I've only had one lifetime,  I'm no expert but I can tell you what I've come to kno

i've been lucky enough to chat about breeding with some of what i class as greats worker breeders of the type i like , but as Dillydog has said we only have the one life time, i've had my own terriers

Exactly,  you can eliminate all the luck factors,  you can go to the legends with their legendary dogs and bitches and still produce shit.  I'm with you 100% in taking the guess work out of breeding a

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, ALLYMOORE said:

how has your the breeding turned out know Glyn ???  does the family of dog still produce considering you started with what some would classed as good blood by a lot of men Nuttal.  Breay etc, even though they  probably thought nothing of doubling up.

if you wish to ask me a question do so without the sly undertones 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

No need to be touchy Glyn I just asked you a question, its just that you done all the breedings from that dog, and bitch, and if it didn't work out the first time I probably wouldn't of repeated it. So I just wanted to know if you were proven to be right on continuing the breeding?

That's were you have sort of hit the nail on the head. With some people I have met , it's work the bitch the have , go off a name the name the was told , breed it straight away.  Then next season it's in , same again, breed , probably to another dog because of the way things are for themselves and all importantly is that target . Then who's to know with the churning and everything else in there process what becomes.  But one thing.  The dog spews it and all the stuff came from that bitch 

i'm not being touchy , and if you read my post correctly i wrote the first litter all worked it was the 2nd litter by them both that disappointed me, and i was pleased with the 3rd and as it happen the 4th , what i have now is bred the same way and work single handedly  , I've read your posts most are negative so please in-lighten  me as to the blood you keep or class as good blood ?

Edited by Glyn.....
  • Like 2

why you so hostile Glyn did  some one eat all your chocolates ? I don't keep any fancy blood lines so you wouldn't have herd of them, are you and foxdropper the same guy as I seem to have upset you both with a couple of questions. I will  leave you to it as it has been a good thread, and I don't want to spoil it.

Edited by ALLYMOORE
12 minutes ago, ALLYMOORE said:

why you so hostile Glyn did  some one eat all your chocolates ? I don't keep any fancy blood lines so you wouldn't have herd of them, are you and foxdropper the same guy as I seem to have upset you both with a couple of questions. I will  leave you to it as it has been a good thread, and I don't want to spoil it.

Bye bye. Don’t hurry back.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I don't have a line off terriers. None of my terriers are related. Terrier bitches that are grafters and work like dogs are few and far between.

They are there though.

Men that have them don't broadcast it.

If you want to take a litter out of a bitch that needs to be bred from. You need to put a dog over the bitch that is superior to the bitch. 

Easy said if you've a bitch that's an out an out grafter. 

Lines is one thing, without solid bitches, your only taking a chance.

When pups are born and gifted out that's when the cream comes to the crop! Some people can't run dogs on and that's it. 

Simple. 

Is it a fluke that anything that I've been gifted worked and others didn't? 

Breeding has a lot to do with it, you can give a wanker the best bred pup and it will amount to nothing. 

Edited by THE GENERAL
  • Like 8

A vet friend once told me that bitches born either side of dog pups have more testosterone in there system and will sometimes show dog like tendencies. Wonder if this could have an effect on how a bitch works? I've had a bitch that was the only bitch in the litter and she would even cock her leg so might be some truth in it. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
6 hours ago, THE GENERAL said:

I don't have a line off terriers. None of my terriers are related. Terrier bitches that are grafters and work like dogs are few and far between.

They are there though.

Men that have them don't broadcast it.

If you want to take a litter out of a bitch that needs to be bred from. You need to put a dog over the bitch that is superior to the bitch. 

Easy said if you've a bitch that's an out an out grafter. 

Lines is one thing, without solid bitches, your only taking a chance.

When pups are born and gifted out that's when the cream comes to the crop! Some people can't run dogs on and that's it. 

Simple. 

Is it a fluke that anything that I've been gifted worked and others didn't? 

Breeding has a lot to do with it, you can give a wanker the best bred pup and it will amount to nothing. 

Good lost general and very true concerning lads and whether or not they take a pup and turn it into a worker .Lost count of the times the same lads make a good in and others need it taking away .

• Like 2
1 hour ago, roadster said:

A vet friend once told me that bitches born either side of dog pups have more testosterone in there system and will sometimes show dog like tendencies. Wonder if this could have an effect on how a bitch works? I've had a bitch that was the only bitch in the litter and she would even cock her leg so might be some truth in it. 

Might be onto something there mate about the leg cocking