2006 Breeding Season

jasper65

Well the breeding season is now well on its way with birds either in condition or not far off! The pair of Harris's that I have hear that came off Falconeru.k01 have already layed with one in the Incubator, Unfortunatley she people by surprise and was already down on a couple of Eggs round micks without anyone knowing, but what a earley pair they have been! the weather has been good and sunny hear today which brought alot of courtship from my pairs and the Imprints, The Gos's have now gone into the chambers first thing this morning and I was shocked to see one female Finnish Gos's building and taking twigs from me through the Bars, the pair are still a little way off allowing me in the aviary without taking my head off but not far ;).

My only concern at the moment is a Pair of Finnish x Germans, the male is in total courtship flying around the aviary with twigs and food in his feet, he's calling to her and also started nest building! the female on the other hand is behaving like a typical Female and totally ignoring him, Hopefully she will come into condition a little later and start waving her kncikers in the air to him ;).

I'm looking forward to taking up a Finn x German female this year, I would prefer one off the the pair mentioned above but if not It'll be off a German Imprint with Finnish semen slapped into her, Is anybody else looking forward to taking up new birds this year, if so what will you be flying? Hopefully Bird Flu won't piss it all up for us this season and we can all go out have some decent sport without any bother :rolleyes:.

Cheers

Tony

Finnish male pre-copulateing with hand

blitzcopulateing.jpg

cracking pics :good:

cracking pics :good:

Hello Turk

Hows it going mate? I'll give you a shout when their is some Finn x Germans on their way, if you're already sorted though mate its no probs ;), I'll be keeping one back this year for myself but this time keep the Terriers well away from any weatherings :rolleyes:.

Cheers

Tony

Guest falconeru.k01

Im suprised That my pair of snowey owls have started calling & built scrape so early dont normally start til may here so fingers crossed , As well as my white faced scops first time they have built a scrape these are diffuclt to breed i understand very picky on nesting.

I put large pair of harris hawks together male flown at 1lb 12 oz female 2lb 6 0z? are well settled together have to wait & see.

nothing in the falcon area yet but the weather is so up & down at moment .

Good luck to all in the breeding season.

Regards Mick

www.raptormagic.co.uk

Im suprised That my pair of snowey owls have started calling & built scrape so early dont normally start til may here so fingers crossed , As well as my white faced scops first time they have built a scrape these are diffuclt to breed i understand very picky on nesting.

I put large pair of harris hawks together male flown at 1lb 12 oz female 2lb 6 0z? are well settled together have to wait & see.

nothing in the falcon area yet but the weather is so up & down at moment .

Good luck to all in the breeding season.

Regards Mick

www.raptormagic.co.uk

This weather is pissing me right off! one minute my Imprints are waving their Knickers in the air when its sunny, then it Fecking snows and they're out again! I know alot of this is normal behavior when they start to come into condition but the English weather in the last few years has been a nightmare, the poor things don't know if they are coming or going. the Big 3lb 12oz Female which is normally last looks like the one who is going to get her kit off first! hopefully she'll hang on a few more days until the male is in and giving Semen.

I have another female German Imprint being brought round tomorrow which was a nice hunting bird from Chris Soans plus hopefully his male will give this year too for back up, he was a good male and certainly showed his liking to corvids in the "Urban Goshawk Video" hopefully his off spring will be fairley handy too, the only thing I worry about at the moment is the noise from my Garden! I took a walk today way over the back fields and I could here them calling to each other clear as a bell, thankfully one of my neighbours in nearly deaf :rolleyes:.

Take Care

Tony

I took a walk today way over the back fields and I could here them calling to each other clear as a bell, thankfully one of my neighbours in nearly deaf :rolleyes:.

Take Care

Tony

I know what you mean Tony, only the other day I was out ferreting and could hear my wife in the back garden "talking" to a neighbour... :rolleyes::o Mind you, I was in the Westcountry at the time and I live in South Wales!! :whistle: :no:

I know what you mean Tony, only the other day I was out ferreting and could hear my wife in the back garden "talking" to a neighbour... :rolleyes::o Mind you, I was in the Westcountry at the time and I live in South Wales!! :whistle: :no:

:D:D:D Nice one mate! My missus should get a oscar for her Gob, mind you a big gob can come in handy sometimes ;):D

Cheers

Tony