FULL MOON FOXING

Me and David were out again last night under the full moon , christ it was so light I could read my car reg number at distance.

Anyway I lamped a fox straight away which was tucked into a hedge but it wouldnt present itself for a shot so we carried on and I spotted another charlie way out across a freshly ploughed field. David had to take the shot from the edge of the field as there was no way we were getting any closer , there was a bit of a cross wind blowing so David aimed just in front of the fox and managed to knock it over hitting it around the diaphragm area ...........shot approx 200 yards :clapper:

post-29-1224239355.jpg

We then tried our luck on another farm , I lamped a fox sitting on top of a railway embankment , we walked right up to this fox it couldnt have cared less but unfortunately the shot was not safe so had to leave it , I tried every call I could make but it wouldnt shift from its position :censored: LUCKY FOX !!!!!

NICE GOIN THERE, just goes to show that you can still lamp under the moon ,kinda was old wives tale, about

shooting , i used to think the same , till i went out one night with a neighbouring keeper and we got 4!

so with the moon up,tonight we"ll still be going , keep knocking them over. :clapper:

or as dick emery used to say ITS MY DELIGHT ON A SHINY NIGHT ? AND A FOGGY NIGHT AS WELL.

Edited by longrange
NICE GOIN THERE, just goes to show that you can still lamp under the moon ,kinda was old wives tale, about

shooting , i used to think the same , till i went out one night with a neighbouring keeper and we got 4!

so with the moon up,tonight we"ll still be going , keep knocking them over. :clapper:

Youre right mate , an old wives tale . I ve shot plenty under a full moon.

One things for sure you wont shoot any sitting in the house .

Which part of the Borders are you from ??

Youre right mate , an old wives tale . I ve shot plenty under a full moon.

One things for sure you wont shoot any sitting in the house .

Which part of the Borders are you from ??

CENTRAL ,where all the good shots live :icon_eek: when i was your age i never stayed in the house

was out every night. never got tired of it. i live between unkeeperd etates, no matter how many i get

the vacuum just fills up.