Harris Bipod

Ok,

Got my rifle and scope sorted, now I need a bipod. Was wondering what model you would recommend as I have never had one before?

I have heard good things about the Harris Swivel Bipods! The rifle will be used mainly in a prone position!

Also, can anyone recommend a good place to buy one in the UK?

Cheers

9-13, notched legs and Swivel....Harris is the way to go!!!!!! :thumbs:

BUT..... the suggestion is the new Deben range is more than worth a look!! Only problem with them is, they are so new that there is no long term test comments available! :hmm::hmm:

BUT..... the suggestion is the new Deben range is more than worth a look!! Only problem with them is, they are so new that there is no long term test comments available! :hmm::hmm:

Thanks for the reply :D

Any ideas/recommendations where I can get one of these Harris 9"-13" Swivel, Notched at a good price in the UK?

Thanks for the reply :D

Any ideas/recommendations where I can get one of these Harris 9"-13" Swivel, Notched at a good price in the UK?

http://www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk/

They are the UK importers as well as retailers, probably the cheapest you will get, £5 or £6 delivery I think, but have a look!

Guest JohnGalway
York guns are importers also... I suppose its down to own choice but I prefer the standard legs over the notched legs.... also the genuine harris pods are better quality than the deben range...

I too prefer the standard legs with no notches :yes: I use a 6-9" swivel model, have a non swivel 9-13" that I don't use as I find it too hard on my neck when prone. As Ian says, don't but a Harris copy ;)

Guest JohnGalway
alrite all dont now if this is any help but i saw plenty of bipods on ebay this week . Hope this helps

:yes:

Just FYI but if you're looking for a genuine Harris, carefully read the descriptions and watch out for the phrase "Harris type", those will not be genuine Harris bipods ;)

Not to hyjack [bANNED TEXT] thread but Ive got a Deben 9-13 fixed pod and i can tell you it is the exact same as harris but under a different name and £20 cheaper check it for yourselfs a few pictures

DSC04750.jpg

DSC04749.jpg

DSC04748.jpg

DSC04746-1.jpg

Sorry to disappoint you gilly but the harris is better than the deben style but they both do the same job, end of the day...