WHICH TERRIER FINDER???

Guest oldskool

The way I see it, the Deben has been around in many forms for 30 years. The know a thing or two about underground location be it for ferrets or terriers. The unit is designed from scratch to do the job required (i.e. it's not a modfified avalanche detector). They sell thousands of the things every year (far more than everone else) and it's much cheaper. I've not used the long range but the standard range has always been bang on for me.

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have always used the deben kits,from the mark 1 to the mark3 ,still got a m1 and use the m3 all the time and it,s never let me down,ever.as for the fella saying if he had to rely on deben he pack the terriers in??ffs what kind of statement is that ?what would he do if the b an f went on the blink (it happens)then how,d he go about locating the dog??the old way thats how eh ..not meant as a dig at anyone just my personnel opinion..atb everyone ...darrell.

• 2 months later...

have always used the deben kits,from the mark 1 to the mark3 ,still got a m1 and use the m3 all the time and it,s never let me down,ever.as for the fella saying if he had to rely on deben he pack the terriers in??ffs what kind of statement is that ?what would he do if the b an f went on the blink (it happens)then how,d he go about locating the dog??the old way thats how eh ..not meant as a dig at anyone just my personnel opinion..atb everyone ...darrell.

I think that is corrct, and tbh when u think about it the bellman and flint has way too much radius in it so u have to dig a very wide hole if u dnt want to miss the tube, the deben mk1 has less radius and there for is always on top of the dog, thats my point and for those of you who go out and dig to your dog straight away once its starts baying why dont you try bolting the fox and sitting back on the bankin with a 3 shot and wait for it???

Guest Leveller

Had a deben long range and it only worked up to 20ft not the claimed 40ft I sent it back 3 times and each time they returned it saying it was fine!!!!! It wasn't I laid it out with a tape measure and it wouldn't go past 20ft it would f**k up near my mobile or my digital camera, Goodbye Deben load of bollocks. Had an ortovox collar lasted one season it died but was under a 5 yr warranty I never gave them a chance I bought the new B&F rechargable collar and Pieps box and have been out between 2 to 4 days a week since September with it and am loving it so far 100% on the money and well worht the extra cash