What do you prefer???

Guest Geordie

Guest Geordie

Just wondering what other airgunners prefer.

Ive just sold my airarms s200 cos i thought it was inconsistent and went back to my trusty old webley vulcan.

The s200 was my first precharge and i could never get on with it, i did have some very good shots with it,long range shots etc,but it never felt right,and some shots where i was sure i was gonna get my rabbit,i missed.

Going back to the vulcan felt good,and familiar ,ive never had it out in the field lately but im looking forward to getting out with it.

So,what does everyone else think,pre-charge or springer?????? wacko.gif

I used to have a Vulcan Andy, was the best spring gun I have shot, nice smooth shooting, I think they have zephr seals or something on the piston that helps...

Prefer the AAS410k though now...... :yes:

Just as you cannot compare Cd to a LP you cant compare PCP to a springer....the PCP is quieter, more accurate and had no recoil...BUT..they dont have the character a springer does..i have 3 springers at the mo and i rate the 77 as one of the best guns i own....but the s200 is some shooting weapon too....its each to their own.....its the shooter that kills...not the gun...JMHO.....J

Guest Geordie
Just as you cannot compare Cd to a LP you cant compare PCP to a springer....

Good comparison that, i suppose the pre-chargers are the cd's of the airgun world in that they are more precise in delivering the end product.

To be honest i think my s200 was a bit of a one off,cos ive seen your posts and pics with your s200,or mebbes im just a crap shot :yes:

Edited by ChrisJones

i think the pcp will beat any spring gun hands down but if you dont get on with one you have to choose one you do other wise you end up just injering your quarry

i shoot a falcon raptor 8 shot and it is the dogs nuts power from 12ftlbs to about 35ftlbs

so the choice is yours

merle :yes:

Edited by merle

I like shooting springers because of their character. PCP's are too sterile. I've shot a Venom Mk1, only 30 of them in existance and I really loved that gun... it wasn't mine and I'd need about £1500 to get one and that's if one of the owners wants to sell it.

Saying that if you need a functional tool, for pest control, PCP is the way to go... look at the Weihrauch HW100. Probably the finest rifle on the market for my money. They're quieter, more accurate and as a result deadlier!

CD's against LP's is a good comparison but a springer will make you a better marksman the longer you shoot one.

Guest lazylurchers

I've had 2 Fenman's great guns really accurate, but had a loan of a mate logun multishot and could never have and thing else now!

I bought my first pre-charged last week its a Air Arms S410 Carbine and I am over the moon with it!! :yes:

Picture029.jpg

My presemt rifle is a Hw97k. The only problen I have with it is the weight? I could do with something a bit lighter. My mate's got a BSA super 10. Its quiet, acurate and you don't need to fiddle about trying to load pellets in the dark, just pull pack the bolt.

I fancy the s410, but I don't do enough shooting to justify spending that sort of money on a air gun. Mabee one day, but the hw97 will do just now.