day out yesterday.

Yesterday i was out at a permission (vicorage) where the garden and orchard is filled with rabbits due to the owner not being able to sort to them because of his age. i started early and bagged two straight away, but during the day i only shot and saw rabbits with mixie. Also i've noticed before that some rabbits have had there ears clipped :blink: (picture below) and i was just wondering if any one else had come across it before?

post-21754-1223312439.jpg

post-21754-1223312628_thumb.jpg

Edited by harry waudby.

no, no barbed wire fences for at least half a mile let alone on bottom aswell. the only explanation the local farmer could come up with is either fox :wacko: or maybe some one had been keeping track of them by clipping there ears, because all the ones with chopped ears had terrible mixie.

this could be diffrent but my girlfriend owns 2 pet rabbits after having them about 3 weeks she went out to clean them one mourning and found that one of them had both ears clipped and the ends were in the hutch, we can only assume they were fighting in the night and one had given the other a bit of a beating,

maybe this is whats happening at your permission

regards