Firearms Certificate

Iv just applied for my FAC, iv got my visit on Saturday, they guy seems really helpful.

This thread has been great by the way.

Iv heard so many varying stories and many of which are bizarre.

I sent my paperwork in last week, and they called me today, a whole 7 days after. My visit will be on Saturday 12 o'clock sharp.

I too have put down FAC Air (all though i was told to state every calibre id use FAC Air in)

.17HMR

and

.22LR

They seem so laid back about it????

Im wondering if its because Im a serving soldier with rank?

My OC (a Major if you dont know) did one reference and I also included in a letter with the application detailing all my range and live fire qualifications.

Are you talking Wiltshire?

• 4 years later...

hope I've picked the right place to post this, I'm applying for my FAC but I'm stuck on motoring offences, where do I get a history of my offences, I've tried the DVLA on line thing but that shows I have a clean licence, how do I get hold of my historic offences or if DVLA says I have a clean licence I don't need to worry?

• 3 weeks later...

I have FAC air and can confirm it is not an open ticket. Each cal must be listed but of course you just put N/A regarding ammo.

I suggest checking with the landowner if anyone at any time has had the land looked over by the police for a previous request as it will be a formality because the land will be listed as approved for fac then the farmer will not even be contacted most likely as it was in my case.

Speak to the firearms dept regarding driving offences and the fact that you cannot remember them which I assume means they were quite a while ago and the police can and will check it for you.

I have just sent in a variation to add another fac air and a .22 rimmy and wished I had asked for them at the time of the grant but hey ho.

Make sure that even on fac air, you must list a sound moderator request if the gun is to be fitted with one and a PCP fac rifle will have a hell of a crack if you do not fit one. You also need to list each cal for fac air as well, I have both .22 and .25 but transferred the .22 into the RFD for sale but as it has not sold, I am having it back, what a pain having to do a variation just to get my own bloody rifle back :censored:

Good luck with your grant.

Phil

hope I've picked the right place to post this, I'm applying for my FAC but I'm stuck on motoring offences, where do I get a history of my offences, I've tried the DVLA on line thing but that shows I have a clean licence, how do I get hold of my historic offences or if DVLA says I have a clean licence I don't need to worry?

You must have a rough idea of what you've been done for motoring wise. I put "Approx x amount of speeding fines over the last z amount of years. Exact details not known. Please consult your records."

Then each time I renewed, I just put "None since initial grant." They've always accepted that. :thumbs: