Shotgun Certificate

Im going to be applying for my sgc soon got al my form ready but cannot remember any of my convictions so was wondering if i could send them a copy of a crb check along with all documents

Many thanks dean

Will they try and catch you out on questions like,

If you was walking on your land and you come to some woods would you shoot it to them, i would say no has you don't know if anyone is in there

And what if you are walking with a friend and you come up to a farm fence how would you get over it.

would they ask anything like this questions ??

All so would it be best to say your are using it for Clay Shooting and not Vermin Control??

Edited by shropshire-lad

Will they try and catch you out on questions like,

If you was walking on your land and you come to some woods would you shoot it to them, i would say no has you don't know if anyone is in there

And what if you are walking with a friend and you come up to a farm fence how would you get over it.

would they ask anything like this questions ??

All so would it be best to say your are using it for Clay Shooting and not Vermin Control??

I highly doubt it.

Use your common sense and you'll be fine, it's not an interrogation, more of an informal chat about your security, any experience you may have with firearms and your reasons for applying. Not that you need a reason at all with a Shotgun Certificate.

Hi ss will a drink drive conviction go against me?it was 4 year ago thank you

It certainly won't go in your favour but if that is your only conviction then I wouldn't worry too much, having a conviction is not an outright ban,

You'll probably get a warning letter with your certificate stating that any continuance of that behaviour will lead to revocation.

SS :thumbs:

Hi ss will a drink drive conviction go against me?it was 4 year ago thank you

It certainly won't go in your favour but if that is your only conviction then I wouldn't worry too much, having a conviction is not an outright ban,

You'll probably get a warning letter with your certificate stating that any continuance of that behaviour will lead to revocation.

SS :thumbs:

thanks for yr reply

• 7 years later...
6 minutes ago, <Hoppy> said:

I am 55 years old and I am going to apply for a shotgun licence for clays. When I was 16 years old I got a conviction for ABH. Do I have to put this on my application form. That is my one and only conviction. Thank you in advance.

Yes in my experience you do nothing is ever spent when it comes to firearms or shotguns doesn’t mean to say you won’t be successful, I thought I didn’t have to declare something but it came up on the interview which was a bit embarrassing good luck with your application.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

Yes in my experience you do nothing is ever spent when it comes to firearms or shotguns doesn’t mean to say you won’t be successful, I thought I didn’t have to declare something but it came up on the interview which was a bit embarrassing good luck with your application.

They will know about it for sure, so declare it. It’s been a long time passed since then, and if you’ve been a good boy since, you should be ok. If you don’t declare it, it could go against you though.

• Like 1