NICE PHOTOS P & G ,

YESTERDAY I FOUND ............. 1 GOLDIE

4 LINNETS

1 YELLOWHAMMER

1 LONG TAIL TIT

1 BULLFINCH

& 1 LITTLE OWL ................... JUST A LITTLE WALK WITH THE DOG ...... FORGOT THE CAMERA .....AS USUAL :icon_redface: ................... THOUGH DID TAKE SOME PHOTOS OF A MISTLE THRUSH TODAY

TOP PHOTO P& G COULD WELL BE A BLACKCAP , THE CHIFFCHAFF NORMALLYS HIGHER OFF THE FLOOR SLIGHTLY THAN THE WILLOW WARBLERS NEST AND LINED WITH FEATHERS THOUGH THE WILLOW WARBLERS SOMETIMES HAVE FEATHERS AROUND THE ENTRANCE HOLE

ALL THE BEST DUCKWING

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any in your area? three males singing last night in mine!

Havnt heard one for the past 2 seasons .Curlews making a show around us .Ever put the lamp on a nightjar ,they fluff up .They say they return to exact same spot year after year [if its still there ]

Guest piking pirate

any in your area? three males singing last night in mine!

Havnt heard one for the past 2 seasons .Curlews making a show around us .Ever put the lamp on a nightjar ,they fluff up .They say they return to exact same spot year after year [if its still there ]

there was one down my syndicate last time i did a session first one ive ever seen

At work recently,we have been fortunate enough to watch a brood of blackbirds developing outside the canteen window ,in a heap of pallets.Yesterday they fledged and one by one were scattered about the site.The parents are very used to disturbance from us and even stayed when some of the pallets were removed ?.I went to pick up some kit yesterday and was just shutting up the office when the local birdlife suddenly called the alarm and took to the air ,a sure sign of winged predator about .I scoured the sky for it but wasnt ready for what happened .A sparrowhawk came from out the sun over my head and ploughed straight into a bush on the edge of the car park .A high pitched shriek told me it had connected .This was followed by another shriek which I took to be the not yet dead victim.I saw the hawk flop to the ground the other side of the bush so decided to creep forward to have a look .It was a female judging by the size and she had not one but two blackbird chicks in her talons ,both of which she flew off with easily.The parents were now on the case and chased the hawk out of veiw ,screaming at it .As I stood there ,mixed emotions went through my head -Firstly at seeing the hawk so close and then seconds later realizing that the b*****d had killed 2 of OUR chicks!Nature at its cruellest .

WELL LADS ,

IAM A LOVER OF ALL WILDLIFE .................... AND I LOVE TO SEE BIRDS IN GENERAL GOING ABOUT THEIR DAILY BUSINESS OF SURVIVAL , HOWEVER ............ SINCE MAN HAS INTERFERED WITH THE BALANCE OF NATURE SO MUCH ........... IMO CERTAIN SPECIES NEED CONTROLING TO VIABLE LEVELS , THE SPARROWHAWK IS ONE OF THESE ........THEY ARE A LONG WAY FROM REACHING PLAGUE PREPORTIONS , BUT HAVE RECENTLY HAD A POPULATION

" BOOM " IN MY AREA

THE LOCAL PIGEON FANCIERS ............. BOTH RACING AND ROLLER MEN ARE UP IN ARMS ABOUT THE " BOOM " AND ARE CULLING THEMSELVES ................... WHO CAN BLAME THEM ??????

AFTER ALL A FARMERS ALLOWED TO SHOOT A FOX FOR PREYING ON HIS SHEEP ........WHY SHOULDNT A PIGEON FANCIER / BRITISH BIRD KEEPER ETC BE ALLOWED TO PROTECT HIS STOCK FROM PREDATION ??

HOPEFULLY I WILL BE FLYING A KIT OF BIRMINGHAM ROLLERS BY NEXT YEAR ......... BELIVE ME ANY RAPTORS IN FOR SOME PAIN IF THEY DECIDE THEY WANT A MEAL FROM " MY " LOFT :yes:

DUCKWING ;)

Sparrowhawks...have been a problem to a lot of bird fanciers for quite a while now...some lads tell me they can hardly put a bird outside in a cage without a hawk hanging on and caping the cage within a very short time.Lots of birds are lost to shock.

Im dead against ANY raptors being killed....its natures way there might be loads of spars but there is certainly MORE blackbirds ect...Circle of life!...they hunt to survive..what about when lads run young bunnys to get dogs going???...and the rest?

Just my personal opinion lads

Im dead against ANY raptors being killed....its natures way there might be loads of spars but there is certainly MORE blackbirds ect...Circle of life!...they hunt to survive..what about when lads run young bunnys to get dogs going???...and the rest?

Just my personal opinion lads

:no::no::no: