bully looking lurchers, pitbull crosses etc etc

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

theres good and bad in everything problem as i see it is theres that many people with shit dogs out there,that dont even know they have shit dogs...and breed what they profess to be good were gunna end up with even more shit!!!

breeding good dogs aint the easyest thing in the world the best on to the best only makes a small percentage of good!!!

the last two pups ive kept on out of friends stock havent made the grade each pup being kept on over two years to prove its worth...

the last dog i retired just... my other mate kept a litter brother whos a 100% single handed dog... he is 25" short coupled..mine was 27" long backed a beast of a dog genetically he was twice the dog unfortunately he lacked what it took to make him DRIVE!!!

he was also a kennel fighter where as the other brother was as placid as anything ive seen this in terriers too, the dogs that jack are always the ones starting fights etc where as the old boy with a pup swinging off his eyebrow whos never been in a kennel fight is battle scarred and has had more work than the young fighters ever see...

its a funny thing ive wasted 4 years on two pups....what will my next pup be!! simple a bull cross i cud waste 10 years with anything else...no other breed or strain will handle the punishment/work anything else will(other than poss a wheaten cross)

littletimmy was that a sneeky dig in my direction for some reason then?

you dont know what i work or how much i work with my dog just because im not putting post up about my outing doesnt meen im not out there doing it im out most nights of the week and if your refering to when i was considering breeding storm and rosey then i can tell you now that i decided against it this time as i want to be working her through this season aswell.

W.h

No it wasn't a sneaky dig at you. I think i made it pretty obvious i was having a dig at you :whistling: Like it said your dogs may well be TRIED. But you have not TESTED them. Time is the test. And "Sir storm" is what? Around two. Keep working your dogs for now why would you need another anyway? You got the gamest greyhound around and sir storm can catch anything. Plus w.e other dogs you have got. I think your getting bites from the breeding bug :big_boss:

Nice to see an honest post on this breed for a change. I have another question, do many of these x's make it into their dotage? I've noticed on a few threads about bull x's that they seem to have an early demise with dogs only having a few season's under their belt. Any particular reason for this?

Nice to see an honest post on this breed for a change. I have another question, do many of these x's make it into their dotage? I've noticed on a few threads about bull x's that they seem to have an early demise with dogs only having a few season's under their belt. Any particular reason for this?

probably never made the grade these boys are out two and three times a week

it would take one tough animal to take that stick week in week out its like

the elusive 6 out of6 january hare dog or the hundred a night rabbit dog

if your holding out for such dogs you will go through a few :whistling:

probably never made the grade these boys are out two and three times a week

it would take one tough animal to take that stick week in week out its like

the elusive 6 out of6 january hare dog or the hundred a night rabbit dog

if your holding out for such dogs you will go through a few :whistling:

But surely if your dog is worked that much then when it doe's take stick then it needs time to heal properly....could the reason a lot of these so called "Jackers" just needed more time to recover from their injuries? If you continually run a severly smashed up dog eventually it will throw in the towel.

But surely if your dog is worked that much then when it doe's take stick then it needs time to heal properly....could the reason a lot of these so called "Jackers" just needed more time to recover from their injuries? If you continually run a severly smashed up dog eventually it will throw in the towel.

ANY FOOL WHO KEEPS DOGS CAN MAKE ANY DOG QUIT .....................

YET ......... A DOGMAN TESTS HIS DOG TO THE FULL

ALL THE BEST

DUCKWING

ANY FOOL WHO KEEPS DOGS CAN MAKE ANY DOG QUIT .....................

YET ......... A DOGMAN TESTS HIS DOG TO THE FULL

ALL THE BEST

DUCKWING

LMao Cheers for that mate....did you watch a lot of Kung Fu when you were a kid :tongue2:

why's there so many threads asking for pics of these dogs ? surely everyone knows by now what they look like....

there seems to be a "hype" surrounding bull crosses these days where a lot of people seem to think "its a bull cross it will kill foxes etc", in my experience this is not the case, the truth is theres just as much shite about in bull crosses as there would be if you were running whippets on foxes (pre ban)....i've always believed the bull cross to be a one trick pony really, so if they cant do that "trick" then you are left with a ridiculously over sized under paced rabbiting dog....

i keep bull crosses my self, so i'm not putting the breed down, just merely stating a fact that like a lot of purpose bred dogs 90% are crap... ;)

have to agree with you there lucky there is a lot of shite about not just in the bull breeds either.some people do just keep them as status symbols , parading round the shows pulling there arm off lol.i think a lot of the youngins with them and some older expect them to do whats written on the tin which just isnt the case.

but as for one trick ponys , maybe the majority of half xs are but my 3/4 breds were bred for all quarry apart from the obvious and are faring well at the moment but its still early days.they are as obedient and as good on rabbits than any collie x i have seen and i have seen quite a few lol but as i say its still early days :thumbs:

MAKE SURE THE BULL IS A PIT PURE PIT BULL THEY ARE STILL OUT THERE

I think that you have made a key point that many people may not have thought about when buying/breeding a bull x. Iv had the pleasure to see other crosses other than bull x take fox(colliex, deerhoundx, Alsatianx) all single handed and they have been superb at the task but... iv yet to see another cross other than a A.P.B.T x that can take fox one after another all night single handed with the drive and passion on its 5th or 6th fox of the night as the same way it did on its 1st.