• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:icon_eek:

if you dont know how to drop a weight of a bird

YOU SHOULDNT HAVE IT!

if you dont know YOU SHOULDNT REPY TIMEWASTER

to cut its weight mate reduce its food slowly you might get a scremer and a very stresed bird do it to quickly also how old is it mate ???/

Probably the best way to get some weight off it is take all its equipment off and let it go and give it its freedom! I can't think of a better method when these birds fall into Hands of some seriouse Numpties with about as much experience I could could Write on my finger nail :wallbash:...

Read some Books cover to cover! put them down and read them again! there's books even now I can remember totaly off by heart. I used to lay under the bed covers when I was a kid with a Torch reading Falconry books when I was supposed to be going to sleep for school in the morning but read them I would. get out with a few falconers who KNOW what they're doing and pick up some info, perhaps even a Falconry course wouldn't go a miss with a respected Falconer although I must admit I never did this! Do all all your Homework on weight management and conditioning and then get a bird....

I have sat back time and time again and read and heard of birds being taken up by 100% total f*****g arsehole with NO Knowledge of the game whatsoever, they get the bird then spend the rest of their time cadging info when they have no idea even how to handle a bird which in my books is shite! All the Knowledge should be learned way before any bird is taken up for flying, its the birds I feel sorry for being Hammered down in weight and poor management, certainly not the so called Falconers....

Being pissed about it is a understatement! not with the people who ask the questions before they get the bird but the one's who buy one and litterally have no idea whatsoever

Jasper

Probably the best way to get some weight off it is take all its equipment off and let it go and give it its freedom! I can't think of a better method when these birds fall into Hands of some seriouse Numpties with about as much experience I could could Write on my finger nail :wallbash:...

Read some Books cover to cover! put them down and read them again! there's books even now I can remember totaly off by heart. I used to lay under the bed covers when I was a kid with a Torch reading Falconry books when I was supposed to be going to sleep for school in the morning but read them I would. get out with a few falconers who KNOW what they're doing and pick up some info, perhaps even a Falconry course wouldn't go a miss with a respected Falconer although I must admit I never did this! Do all all your Homework on weight management and conditioning and then get a bird....

I have sat back time and time again and read and heard of birds being taken up by 100% total f*****g arsehole with NO Knowledge of the game whatsoever, they get the bird then spend the rest of their time cadging info when they have no idea even how to handle a bird which in my books is shite! All the Knowledge should be learned way before any bird is taken up for flying, its the birds I feel sorry for being Hammered down in weight and poor management, certainly not the so called Falconers....

Being pissed about it is a understatement! not with the people who ask the questions before they get the bird but the one's who buy one and litterally have no idea whatsoever

Jasper

and the answer is ?

Feed it less and fly it harder. This is a general rule but cant just be generalised over a computer.

Nutritional value of foodstuff comes into it bigtime as well.

If you were to give a detailed topic of your problem rather than simply saying "how do you get a harris to lose weight" it would be a lot better as it is dangerous to say simply"feed it less" when it might not actually be overweight to begin with!

Nutritional value of foodstuff comes into it bigtime as well.

If you were to give a detailed topic of your problem rather than simply saying "how do you get a harris to lose weight" it would be a lot better as it is dangerous to say simply"feed it less" when it might not actually be overweight to begin with!

:clapper::clapper: 100% Trappa

Richy I'm not having a pop mate but its just obviouse that when you take up anything you do some homework first! if not you're going into something totaly blind folded...

Its different when you're doing some other field sports when the well fair of a Animal or bird isn't at stake, but in Falconry when you're dealing in weight reduction of a bird which can sometimes be delicate! the birds well being is in your hands, staving a bird into submision certainly isn't the answer, Conditioning one is :thumbs:......

Jasper