built a live catch trap

• 3 months later...

couldn't you just use sticks intead of bobwires.it would be cheaper. :angel:

No, they need to be able to 'swing' from the top rail to allow the birds in. You can use wires instead with a coil at the top and a long 'leg' hanging down.

or a long loop with a flat top, fed through a couple of screw eyes or staples

post-2748-1232272123_thumb.jpg

• 11 months later...

christ, this is an old post, as for that trap, its crazy the rules and regulations of the underground, what you can or cant do, the higher powers to be (lul bosses) complained that part of the cage could be seen from the platform below, and could we remove it :wallbash:

so it went back to the office yard, where it sat for months, until I relocated it of course :whistling:

Nothing to do with regs mate ,a few back handers ensured that the £200 a night charge is restored :whistling: .Two operatives for two hours ,that £50 per man per hour .For shooting a few ferals :big_boss: .Scandalous .Only joking of course but your method has defo been shelved as one of those labour saving devices your boss can live without :boogie: .

Nothing to do with regs mate ,a few back handers ensured that the £200 a night charge is restored :whistling: .Two operatives for two hours ,that £50 per man per hour .For shooting a few ferals :big_boss: .Scandalous .Only joking of course but your method has defo been shelved as one of those labour saving devices your boss can live without :boogie: .

your not far wrong mate, the money thats wasted on the railway, I recently surveyed an area needing rabbit control, and advised 10 drop traps to be installed, having them set and checked daily, one week in every month, the quote my bosses put in, was......

wait for it........

£26,000 :o

your not far wrong mate, the money thats wasted on the railway, I recently surveyed an area needing rabbit control, and advised 10 drop traps to be installed, having them set and checked daily, one week in every month, the quote my bosses put in, was......

wait for it........

£26,000 :o

Id of done it for 25 plus deisel money ,lol.Did they get the contract?

Time you went solo my friend.

Edited by foxdropper

not heard anything, and doubt I will, were moving over to another company in a months time, as for going it alone, would be great, but to get sub'd work via the underground, you need alot of money behind you, insurances etc

Its crazy how the big firms love to waste money then lay off the lowest paid hard works instead of the fat cats that dont even know the names of their workers. You could have 10 workers for one over paid monkey. Still life goes on

On a lighter note i have been feeding some feral pigeons that have been a pest in the yard. They love peanuts, mixed seed they have been eatin all of it. So i layed my trap out this afternoon i have 2 days to see if i can get it to work. Going to check and rebait tomorrow lunch time.

has anyone ever tried eaten feral pigeons? as long as they look healthy?

will post a picture soon

jd