ultimate stamina running dog cross

Huskies dont run, they walk. They are not built to "run". As far as endurance though, nothing, absolutely nothing can come close. Our trial bred running hounds are as close as you will get and they are not even in the same league.

I would never want an endurance bred sight hound. Its idiotic in my opinion. I have a staghound gyp that will take a critter out of sight for a long long long ways and I dont need anymore stamina than that and would actually prefer a whole hell of alot less.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huskies dont run, they walk. They are not built to "run". As far as endurance though, nothing, absolutely nothing can come close. Our trial bred running hounds are as close as you will get and they are not even in the same league.

I would never want an endurance bred sight hound. Its idiotic in my opinion. I have a staghound gyp that will take a critter out of sight for a long long long ways and I dont need anymore stamina than that and would actually prefer a whole hell of alot less.

dan when they are x with a grey ,they dont walk ,well the ones we work dont , they can run upsides one the fastes land animal we got in this country ,i personaly would go for endurance every time ,but mine and your hunting is completly different . Edited by UNFIT

I have hard that when they are crossed they can run. The sled dog boys hate that about crossing the grey with them at least for the first cross cause the dogs spend too much time lurchin forward and running and feckin everything up so I most definately believe you. I will go for endurance as far as recovery time type endurance. What I mean is run after run endurance is good to go but I cant stand when this gyp takes one of them big bunnies on a 3 mile hike.

so your dogs would be better than a husky foxhound collie suluki apbt x greyhound lol

so your dogs would be better than a husky foxhound collie suluki apbt x greyhound lol

Come on the husky is bred for extream cold.It would last about ten mins in the spring.atb Catcher :thumbs:

Come on the husky is bred for extream cold.It would last about ten mins in the spring.atb Catcher :thumbs:

your not the first to mention that ,but what i have seen with my own eyes ie the mother to these pups .,it is incorrect .

your not the first to mention that ,but what i have seen with my own eyes ie the mother to these pups .,it is incorrect .

Remember we are talking about stamina again.But if you have seen it mate i stand corrected.atb. Catcher :thumbs:

We all seem to be going on about actual stamina [bANNED TEXT] imho recovery ability can be more important in a lamping dog its one of the reasons i have always prefferd lurcher to lurcher bred dogs as the ones i have had seem to recover faster than the f1x and 3 quater bred lurchers that i have seen and owned over the years but saying that a beddy/grey a mate used to own was proberbly the fastest recoverer after a run i have seen.The T Mcphee bred dogs were also stamina packed dogs with a very quik recovery rate.IMHO the beddy hybred has also got a very lot to offer in the stamina stakes for hard worked lurchers.atb dell

I think alot depends what exactly each one of us calls stamina-laden? Over the years i've seen coursing bred dogs run 6 mid-winter daytime hares,i have also witnessed a lurcher catch over 60 rabbits solo on the lamp running possibly 80 times that night and even the "unforgiving" crime of seeing a dog catch 17 brown hares single handed on the lamp running atleast 21 if my memory serves me correct? Which of those dogs has the most stamina? All the best PP.

Never said that.

been thinking about breeding the ultimate stamina running dog, a lot of people got opinions on the ultimate cross for stamina .ie, saluki, border collie, bull, ect. my thoughts and my thoughts only - suluki, fellhound, siberian husky, border collie, apb terrier. the correct percentage of all these breeds crossed with the correct percentage of greyhound would produce an amazing dog for > stamina, drive, hunting ability, intelligence, speed ect, < a lot of people will say stick to whats been proven over the years, im not one for tradition, why not try to breed a mongeralised exceptional running dog that beats tradition. years to opinions please . ( no infentile comments)

have you got 50 years to try .

were i run its all speed and stamina first you have to get the best fenland coursinng dogs then a very good colli type real working type with wind ,breed them and it works ive done it twice and its worked but only used very good dogs and of prover stuff ,we get few rabs few foxes all hare hare roe roe flushing to guns, only dogs with running stamina bred into them last ,fitness is paramount but if not bred in stamina like a fen dog well theyll blow up , this is not a hearsay this is how it is ,i bred a bitch that could run near enough greyhound speed and a cambridge cup winning dog that could catch his game quick or when he was on big big land last for 5 minutes or more the pups and grand pups turned out good more stamina than mother at times and more agility and pace than father at times , but you have to have the bloodlines to a start and the work load to test a dog mate

been thinking about breeding the ultimate stamina running dog, a lot of people got opinions on the ultimate cross for stamina .ie, saluki, border collie, bull, ect. my thoughts and my thoughts only - suluki, fellhound, siberian husky, border collie, apb terrier. the correct percentage of all these breeds crossed with the correct percentage of greyhound would produce an amazing dog for > stamina, drive, hunting ability, intelligence, speed ect, < a lot of people will say stick to whats been proven over the years, im not one for tradition, why not try to breed a mongeralised exceptional running dog that beats tradition. opinions please . ( no infentile comments)

to be honest ive never seen a husky off the lead not a dog thats easy to train the same for the fellhound would all these 6 breeds used be tested before breeding sorry not for me but good luck

The pups i bred last year out of my old bitch can stay longer than my mother-in-law.She is saluki,whippet,greyhound with a bit of collie & deerhound.The dog i put over her was bred originally husky,foxhound x chow,german sheperd put to hare coursing breeding 'charlie'x 'ghost & sophie lines' put back to a pure bred sloughi import.Now, pup is 8 mths he's 26" to the shoulder,a powerhouse with foxhound feet,double thick coat,pure blue eyes,great guard dog,fast & with stamina that you wouldn't believe.Has retrieved long ears & roe daytime.So well pleased with him obviously.Will try & get pic up of him! :toast:

Edited by kanigra
  • 2 weeks later...
been thinking about breeding the ultimate stamina running dog, a lot of people got opinions on the ultimate cross for stamina .ie, saluki, border collie, bull, ect. my thoughts and my thoughts only - suluki, fellhound, siberian husky, border collie, apb terrier. the correct percentage of all these breeds crossed with the correct percentage of greyhound would produce an amazing dog for > stamina, drive, hunting ability, intelligence, speed ect, < a lot of people will say stick to whats been proven over the years, im not one for tradition, why not try to breed a mongeralised exceptional running dog that beats tradition. opinions please . ( no infentile comments)

to be honest ive never seen a husky off the lead not a dog thats easy to train the same for the fellhound would all these 6 breeds used be tested before breeding sorry not for me but good luck

dai dogs did you keep any pups back for your own use how many made the grade how many didnt that would be my biggest worry litter wastage theres to many lurchers end up in the pound or worse