WHY WHY WHY OH WHY

socks

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

mate, if your stupid enough to be posting anything on a public forum that could get you into bother then hell mend ye !

this site has been spoiled by all the bitching about this ones an anti that ones an anti,every site is the same and its not just websites anti's are everywhere.

as long as your not posting about things you shouldnt be then theres no problem.

Guest on the hill
like :rofl::doh: dont be silly

I've lost count of the threads you've spoilt. The sooner your warning level gets you booted, the better......

:icon_eek: what have i done to ruin the post :blink:

theres no need for that

dont know what your problem is with me but pm me next time please, NOT in the public forum as you obviously have a problem with me personally

Edited by on the hill

the point i am trying to get across here is that if it wasnt for the show/pet keepers we wouldnt know half as much about ferrets as we do now, who's to say we cant learn more from them ?

i can honestly say hand on heart that the ferret and dog pet/show brigade have taught me nothing about general welfare feeding or conditioning of the animals i keep ... how can a ferret pet/show owner tell me anything about the animal when they dont keep them fit for purpose ... i can guarantee you that my regularly hunted ferrets are far fitter than a pet show one .... how can they teach me anything about nutrition when all they do is feed their animals from a sack because they dont go out and hunt and therefore dont feed them on the raw carcasses that the ferret needs to be in top condition ... if little fluffykins gets a sniffle then they run straight down the vets and pump it full of antibiotics ... how does that teach you anything about treating general ailments ??? ... take a look at the pinned thread by jojoamojo on health issues ... apart from if the ferret has ticks the rest of her advice is get to a vets or get it some antibiotics !!!!!!!!!!!!

i have forgotten more about the keeping and welfare of ferrets than most pet/show people will ever learn .............

socks did you not used to be a moderator on this site,i was wondering why you stopped,as you seem to know your stuff with regards to the feeding of stinkers and dogs :whistling:

nope never been asked to be a mod on here .............

Can someone post links to this mass influx of ferret show threads on quick glance I can't see any...?

nobody said that there was a mass influx of show threads ... BUT there are plenty of show pet keepers on here that talk nonsense on most of the posts and try and drag in their fluffy attitude causing arguements on most of the threads ..........

I can understand members getting fed up when they see post after post about "mitzy" playing happily, but a post like this that wants shot of "pet owners" then seems to creep into "anti's" as well, lets think about it here, would an anti show themselves like that, start posting stuff that would attract attention to themselves and get them a ban, or would they keep quite, maybe pretend to be a hunter so they fit in, it would be very easy to do such a thing, the same as this site having lots of armchair hunters, where do we draw the line

shall we have a seperate set of rules, maybe you would need to be vertified by another, to prove you have ferreted, or post a set amount of "topics" per month, not just replies to stay a member :hmm:

Im sure we'd start getting moaning posts then, if someone got deleated,

as for the remark of "mods doing their job", the word job sounds like we get paid for it :wallbash: we dont, we do it free of charge, in between all our other stuff,ie

work,sleep,eat,hunting ourselves, oh and looking through loads of new posts each day, trying to sort out the good and bad amongst you all, work it out for yourselves, divide the daily post count between mods and you'll get my point, or not

out of interest, should I deleate and ban myself :hmm:

I keep ferrets for ferreting, but my daughter has 2 pet ferrets that live in the front room, I dont post their funny antics and what they get upto on here, as they are not "hunting ferrets" but admit to letting a few get posted, if I know they too are proper ferreters

I can understand members getting fed up when they see post after post about "mitzy" playing happily, but a post like this that wants shot of "pet owners" then seems to creep into "anti's" as well, lets think about it here, would an anti show themselves like that, start posting stuff that would attract attention to themselves and get them a ban, or would they keep quite, maybe pretend to be a hunter so they fit in, it would be very easy to do such a thing, the same as this site having lots of armchair hunters, where do we draw the line

shall we have a seperate set of rules, maybe you would need to be vertified by another,

Yes an anti would show themself, posting for the attention trying to fit in with hunters, How many documentaries have we seen where anti's have infiltrated hunts, digging when that was legal and the most recent the illegal dog fighting.?where did they get there information from in the first place?by infiltrating these groups So come on lets hear your defence of members posting nearly 10,000 posts and not one about hunting

Verifying would be a very good place to start, it is after all called The Hunting Life

Y.I.S Leeview