How old are you and how many years have you been shooting air rifles???

Timelord

started when i was 16/17 with a supersport, then i got my hw97 about 2/3 mths ago, i'm 38, so work that out :blink: but i work it out @ roughly 2 yrs 2/3 mths :laugh: but gonna keep going :thumbs:

what pellets do you use in ur hw97 mate?

acupel buddy in .177 :thumbs: JACK

Nice avatar Jack LOL!!! :tongue2:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

started when i was 16/17 with a supersport, then i got my hw97 about 2/3 mths ago, i'm 38, so work that out :blink: but i work it out @ roughly 2 yrs 2/3 mths :laugh: but gonna keep going :thumbs:

what pellets do you use in ur hw97 mate?

acupel buddy in .177 :thumbs: JACK

nice 1 for tha mate :)

Im 26 and got my first gun at 10 years old, that was a ''GAT'' it was so sh*t and didnt shoot straight but that got me hooked, I then got a G10 repeater at 12 years old and after that a underleaver Daisy model 95. All pretty good fun but sh*t guns. After a bit of a break I got myself a Weihrauch HW77 which is in my opinion a smart gun if not a bit heavy its quite powerfull and Ive quite a good range of quarry with it. Ive still got it today aswell as a Theoben. I used to have a couple of Brocock pistols before they were banned.

I can't be accurate quite how old I was but my first Rifle was passed onto me by my brother which was a .22 MILBRO, before that I had a GAT Pistol which I didn't have the strength to push down and load :whistling:..

After useing the MILBRO in the back yard and round my Nans who had 3 acres and a apple orchard I moved onto a WEBLEY HAWK MKII with interchangable barrels .177/.22. then to a WEBLEY VULCAN .177 and Tasco 2.75 x 40 scope, from there I went through all the BSA springers of the 70's and 80's and a couple of Webleys to a dew Pre-charge late 90's onwards...

To put a estimate on my age I started I would say probably 10!! I still have a few Air Rifle and still enjoy getting out now and again age 43........

Jasper

Will be 53 in Jan got first rifle at 13, a Diana G23 in 177 still got it as well!

Progressed to a BSA MK6 Airsporter in 22, still got that!

Also have a Crossman pump in 177 and a foreign breakbarrel 177 but cant remember what it is (gift from my father in law)

Now using a Titan Manitou in 22, forunner of the Falcon F19.

If anyone interested in the 'oldies' let me know!

Anyone recognise these old Guns? The two together I still have and my lad uses the smaller for Pinking cans. the other the lad is holding is a gun I probably shot more Squirrels and Pigeons with this .177 than any other Air Rifle I owned..

I had this gun in my earley late teens and totaly adored it. But things took a turn for the worse when one of my best friends at the time Hung himself under a subway, :cry:. when I attended the funerial his younger brother was there torn apart and breaking his heart in tears on my shoulder.

The following weekend I stuck the gun back in its original box and jumped on my old fizzy and took it round to the lad and gave it to him to hopefully cheer him up which it seemed to do! that was pretty much the last I saw of it until last year when a pal told me he knew who had it and it was for sale, he brought it round as you can see in the picture but the guy was asking alot for it, I turned him down but boy was it good to hold that gun again after all those years :thumbs:.....

Jasper

post-251-1222974284.jpg

post-251-1222974292.jpg

Anyone recognise these old Guns? The two together I still have and my lad uses the smaller for Pinking cans. the other the lad is holding is a gun I probably shot more Squirrels and Pigeons with this .177 than any other Air Rifle I owned..

I had this gun in my earley late teens and totaly adored it. But things took a turn for the worse when one of my best friends at the time Hung himself under a subway, :cry:. when I attended the funerial his younger brother was there torn apart and breaking his heart in tears on my shoulder.

The following weekend I stuck the gun back in its original box and jumped on my old fizzy and took it round to the lad and gave it to him to hopefully cheer him up which it seemed to do! that was pretty much the last I saw of it until last year when a pal told me he knew who had it and it was for sale, he brought it round as you can see in the picture but the guy was asking alot for it, I turned him down but boy was it good to hold that gun again after all those years :thumbs:.....

Jasper

I reckignise them very well and a true blast from the past too. I used to have one given to me by my dad when I was 9 years old..

Well I'm 39 years old and was given my first air rifle when I was 7 years old. This was to shoot with my father supervised until I was responsible and old enough to go it alone. So if you do the maths I've been shooting air rifles for 32 years.

This thread is to give all members a chance to tell us here a little about yourself and how long you've been enjoying this fantastic sport :gunsmilie:

60 years of age and not been without an airgun since I was 14 years young. I was NEVER supervised as a lad which I now realise was totally irresponsible on the part of my parents. I take my grandchildren shooting and they have never fired a pellet without being supervised - it's the only way, for everyone's benefit.