Celt R.I.P

just had to have my old collie x put to sleep he'd had cancer in his left front leg for the past 12 months ,but while he was still enjoying life & looking forward to his walks & in no pain all was well but all that changed. Monday morning i noticed him limping Monday night he was carrying his leg & he didn't complain when he was left at home when the other dogs were taken for there walk & when he didn't eat all his food i feared the worst.So driving back from work today hoping to see him make some miraculous recovery made it all the worse when he didn't even wag his tail as i walked in 'I new it was time.I cried all the way to vets,in the waiting room & the surgery & most the way home.H e was no word beater no great shakes at owt but what he was, was a f****n good mate & i miss him already. R.I.P Lad

Almost shed a tear reading that, we all have so such strong bonds with our dogs and its such a shame that they dont live as long a life as we do. Just have to remember that you gave him the best times of his life and be proud of that.

:thumbs:

Lost my collie aged 11yrs & 6 weeks on 15.12.06 to cancer, he was a rescue that caused me no end of heartache for months/years. He was my first 'own' dog. You know when the time is right & never makes you feel any better. It's a brave decision to make & the last act of love that you can do. You never loose your best friend, dont care what anyone says, they're always about one way or another

Run Free Celt