"The Hunting Life"

Just been looking at recent post on here where everyone is critising everyone else, and just wondered what people on here actually believe is the "The hunting Life"

To me, "The Hunting Life" is about enjoying the countryside and what nature has to offer, pitting my wits against mother nature, wether it's hunting, shooting,fishing,hawking,ferreting,trapping, digging or lamping etc and the careful management/control of the wildlife by many different means for many different reasons (ie foods, sport or even money). With the understanding that although i don't always agree with what others with in the hunting life do, it doesn't make them wrong or me right, and as long as their quarry, the land and their tools (i.e dogs,ferrets or guns etc) that they use are treated with respect.

Since the ban came in it was said that the hunting community would all stand together, but i feel the novality of this is slowly wearing off, and we drift into a time when people get very short sighted and we start to argue between our selves wether its coursers against lampers or riflemen against diggers.

So here the question again what does " THE HUNTING LIFE " mean to you

regards smoggy

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont worry guys. When this country goes into reccession or whatever the dogs bollocks its called. We will be expert hunters hunting for our meat whilst the newbies who cant afford quality meats will be utterly useless at catching prey. But once again when they master it the sports i.e shooting foxing etc etc will once again be legal and reborn...oh i love fantasising...

Edited by DevonHunter

The Hunting Life means alot to me. The ability to meet new people, whether face to face or not. The ability talk about subjects you are passionate about. To give and get advice. Instant product reviews. Flirting. :icon_redface: I try not to get invloved in slang matches or macho threads, but you do get drawn in occassionally. Especially with cloak and dagger anti's.

Met some good freinds. I will be on here for a while yet.

But i have noticed quality of threads slipping a bit. Increase in testosterone as well.....

I hope we can contan it all, and get back on track..

There has been some some cracking threads as well..

Long live THL

:notworthy:

Matt

Guest JohnGalway
So here the question again what does " THE HUNTING LIFE " mean to you

Enjoying what I do and competing only with myself :yes:

You're correct, there's too much bitching. However, if you need help with something you'll get the good side of a lot of people put out on display, it's not all bad ;)

i enjoy this site for many reasons .. you can ask questions and get help.. or answer others question's ranging from a car problem to the best weather to go shooting in.... but above all to have fun with like minded people and relax .. plus i find most have a decent sense of humour .. its a great place to just chat in general and share in country pursuit's :big_boss: :big_boss:

I have made lots of new friends in the couple of yrs i have been on here, met a few off them as well, i have a few run in's along the way & dealt with a few pests as well, but overall i like it

I have only just join this site.So its all new to me.(i do visit others)

The reason i like these sites is because like said before .

Everyone on here have the same love and interest of the sport.

Its sad to say even living in the country like i do Shooting+hunting people are very thin on the ground round here.

And you can feel abit of the oddball.So its nice to find on places like this that we are normal after all. ;)

Their are not many pastimes that you can get the whole famliy involed.

As the famliy we all have are part to play in putting food on are table.

And it nice to be able to come on sites like this one and share your experience with people who are generally interested.

In what you have done.

xxxsuzy

THL filled a gap for me when I moved. I missed where I was, the hunting, my friends and work, and it made me happy to come on here and read everyone's stories and what they were up to, whether I knew them or not. I didn't feel so "out of it". Despite me only having this account since June, it was about last september when I first joined, and it had been, (and was) a bit of a rough patch.

I've made some very good friends through this site, and of course, run ins with one or two real b@stards. But then I reckon it's the same as everyday life, there are good and bad apples in every barrel. The one thing it did make me realise, whcih I didn't before, is that not all hunters are fighting from the same corner. I used to believe we were all in this together, people with the same passion, whatever their means or preferences for manner of hunting. Since being on here, I see that there is still the same class distinctions and prejudices made as there are in the "real" world. :wallbash: If I could chose, I would hunt with hounds every day of the week, but I've seen responses from people on here, "Us and them" and that's referring to those that follow organised fox hunts. That's sad. I think I would have preferred to remain deluded!!

Apart from that, and too much testosterone on occasion, it's a great place!! :clapper: