• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SS PUT SOME PICS ON :notworthy: COME ON :yes:

They're on line mate, just click the link in my post and you'll go to an album full of them.

IVE GOT THEM I TOOK THEM JUST WANTED EVERY ONE TO SEE THEM

They will see them ................ if they want to, they'll click the link and there they'll be!

Unless you want me to get them printed and send them out with collars ................ LOL!!! :tongue2:

How many Irish lads turned up there.I saw 1 that I recognised,first time for me,some ammount of gear for sale there,got a pair of muck boots,gaitors 3 bellman&flint for mates,1 deben mk 3,Strong Stuff came good on the leads and collars,p***y called tonight,hes well happy with his lot,and i met a few nice blokes there too.But jaysus the beer is shite,lol.

How many Irish lads turned up there.I saw 1 that I recognised,first time for me,some ammount of gear for sale there,got a pair of muck boots,gaitors 3 bellman&flint for mates,1 deben mk 3,Strong Stuff came good on the leads and collars,p***y called tonight,hes well happy with his lot,and i met a few nice blokes there too.But jaysus the beer is shite,lol.

It was good to meet you finally mate!

Saturday matey, has the piece of paper dropped through your letterbox yet? I also saw the dogs with trailers, Bernese Mountain dogs, I couldn't beleive how slow they were, I kept whipping them but they still wouldn't tow me up the hill any faster............... :tongue2:

LOL.........yeah, it came through............I walked out of there armed to the teeth :clapper:

Now, is it the end with the 2 holes that I hold?

:blink:

Am a bit confused here ........... nothing new!

So ...

What some lads seem to be saying is that the winner of the show was a foregone conclusion and there seems to be whispering about bent judges and underhand dealings.

I don't understand then why anyone else would bother showing their dogs, travelling good distances, spending hard earned money to enter a show where the winner was already decided?

More to the point, if the judge is bent, why hasn't anyone mentioned it very loudly and publically, or in fact if someone had diddled me out of a sporting chance to win a Grand how come he hasn't been twatted?

Or is nothing definite and it's all just speculation? If that's the case then it doesn't really seem fair on the judge, but am sure that isn't what is being said here!

Am a great believer in fair play, just ask the scum who used to run the SIBTC what happened when I sussed their snidey little game ............. :whistling:

IMHO..........you allways seem to get this sort of nonsense when it comes to shows!!

Some take it much to seriously and it makes you wonder why?

If the ribbons mean that much, then folk should stick to show dog sites and keep it off here..........it means nothing.

If you are gonna enter, then you know what you are getting into so its put up or shut up........as I said, its just my opinion.

Will the ribbon make the dog a better dog?...........will it work any better for having a rosette or not?

Nonsense, utter, utter nonsense!

:blink:

Am a bit confused here ........... nothing new!

So ...

What some lads seem to be saying is that the winner of the show was a foregone conclusion and there seems to be whispering about bent judges and underhand dealings.

I don't understand then why anyone else would bother showing their dogs, travelling good distances, spending hard earned money to enter a show where the winner was already decided?

More to the point, if the judge is bent, why hasn't anyone mentioned it very loudly and publically, or in fact if someone had diddled me out of a sporting chance to win a Grand how come he hasn't been twatted?

Or is nothing definite and it's all just speculation? If that's the case then it doesn't really seem fair on the judge, but am sure that isn't what is being said here!

Am a great believer in fair play, just ask the scum who used to run the SIBTC what happened when I sussed their snidey little game ............. :whistling:

SS many people knew the result weeks ago. the judge & the winner are mates and were together before the show. It was so obvious, there was no need for the charade, should've just picked his winner & got it over with quickly. There were at least 6 better dogs that never got a look in, & the few workers among 'em were ignored. At supposedly big finals you'd think the organisers would make sure it can't happen.

Should have a bent show for the show people & a real show for working dogs & people.

Should have a bent show for the show people & a real show for working dogs & people.

There is mate, I was at it a few weeks ago, a proper show with proper dogs and men, had a cracking day out!

Hope you were there, if not make sure you are next year, you won't regret it!

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

There is mate, I was at it a few weeks ago, a proper show with proper dogs and men, had a cracking day out!

SS - You make a good point about why people travel all the way and spend so much money if the outcome has already been decided. Earlier in the thread Beck raised a good point when out of 60 qualifying shows only 23 dogs turned up, that tells its own story. I for one actually liked the winning dog, I can't of course vouch for its working ability, but if we restricted the competition to working terriers only, there are so few of us left wh work our dogs there wouldn't be enough dogs to pick from!

SS - You make a good point about why people travel all the way and spend so much money if the outcome has already been decided. Earlier in the thread Beck raised a good point when out of 60 qualifying shows only 23 dogs turned up, that tells its own story. I for one actually liked the winning dog, I can't of course vouch for its working ability, but if we restricted the competition to working terriers only, there are so few of us left wh work our dogs there wouldn't be enough dogs to pick from!

2many dogs, I agree the winning dog was hardly a bad one but to anyone bar the judge there were better. The point is dogs should be judged on their merits, whether working or not, and not on how well you know its owner.

I also agree that there maybe aren't enough working people showing their dogs & this is maybe one of the reasons why.