• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest blackntan
All new layout this year, i'm not one for spending time in front of the show ring myself, but i didn't even see where the feck it was this year.

SINDASOX

all new layout :laugh: NO TERRIERS AND LURCHERS WERE JUST SOLD OUT :hmm: Edited by blackntan
All new layout this year, i'm not one for spending time in front of the show ring myself, but i didn't even see where the feck it was this year.

SINDASOX

all new layout :laugh: NO TERRIERS AND LURCHERS WERE JUST OUT :hmm:

It's telling you Here about why they had to change the layout this year.

SINDASOX

i have to a agree with black an tan. terriers an lurchers treated like shite if they going to put us in a separate section then treat it as a separate show and admission by donation not sixteen quid .asked women on gate if she was related to dick turpin ,on a brighter note my mate got reserve with is border in the open and down to the last four in the chamionship. also met up with some good lads and lass,s but will have to question is it worth the cost and time to be treated like shite may just stick to local hunt shows and ones organised by terrier and lurcher people

SINDASOX

SINDASOX

No disputing that the ground was extremely wet, and that for the show to go ahead then changes needed to be made, but, as others have said, it was appalling that it was such a long walk to get to the Lurcher/terrier rings, made even more annoying when the Gundogs were right in the middle of the show, just a thought but why not f**k the stupid fair and bouncy castle shite off over the other side of the park and keep the true essence of a gamefair all in one place? Annoys the shit out of me when you can see that MONEY was the main motivation for the layout.

If I was anything to do with the CMW I'd be really annoyed that an event with £1000 prize money was shoved miles away, with no proper signage to help people find it.

I won't be going again.

Pride of the peaks was the proper show to be at this weekend, real people, working dogs, easy vehicle access to the ring, decent catering at reasonable prices and dog related trade stalls (not just mine! :angel: )

To move forward, I'd suggest that the EDRD show became a 2 day event (sorry Danny!!!) with the CMW Champion of Champions on the saturday and the EDRD etc finals on the sunday.

So ............... How do we start "lobbying" CMW to get them to move their event?

As for the camping at the Midland .............. 45 b*****d minutes it took from the main gate to walk through the show and out to the campsite, and the same back ............ the f*****g campsite was not even shown on the showground map!

Oh what a long day that was! Am just glad I was with the lads I was with, had a cracking day with them.

Midland Game Fair does not deserve our support or attandance, the contrast between that and the EDRD show was enormous, why shouldn't we the people influence things and leave the Midland to be the empty shell of a country sports show it deserves to be?!

Let's all do something about it!!!!!!

I'm not defending the feckers, the only reason i put the link up is because Blackntan seemed to be saying there was no change to the layout.

Cheers

SINDASOX

not slagging any 1s dogs but was told 2 weeks ago who wuud win thats y we didnt go

:o

travelled all the way up there from S Wales as one of my mates dogs qualified, was very dissapointed took us ages to find the ring

dont think i will go again,

The total prize money put up by TCW was £3,000, two firsts of £1,000, and whatever for seconds and thirds.

I don't mind the pound or two some Hunt shows give out and a bag of food. Above that and you get into all sorts of crap about bent judges and showponies.

Guest blackntan

SINDASOX

SINDASOX

WE DONT CARE ABOUT THE V FESTIVAL , MUD RAIN SNOW, HURRICANES, JUST GETTING RIPPED OFF £16 AND THAT DONT BOTHER ME REALLY, IT WAS THE THE UTTER CHEEK OF WERE THEY THREW THE RINGS WITH NOTHING BUT A COUPLE OF TENTS, IF THIS WAS NOT A KICK IN THE TEETH I DONT KNOW WHAT IT WILL TAKE , FOOOK ALL THESE GAME FAIRS OFF ONCE AND FOR ALL VOTE WITH YOUR FEET SUPPORT HUNT , AND CLUB SHOWS OR RELOCATE TO THE WELSH GAME FAIR WERE THEY GIVE THE TERRIER AND LURCHERS A PRIME SITE, AS FOR BEMOANING THE OUT COME, THE JUDGE PICKED THE WINNER , WHO PICKS THE JUDGE , THE MIDLAND GAMEFARE TERRIER AND LURCHER SHOW R.I.P
Guest blackntan
I am very glad to hear this show was shit as I was a bit annoyed at not being able to attend with my dog. Now at least i know i missed nothing and spent the weekend hunting instead.
NO MATE AS A GAME FAIR IT PROBLY RATES AS THE 2ND BEST IN THE UK THEY JUST DONT SEEM TO WANT THE TERRIER AND LURCHER SHOW, AND IT IS NOT THE FAULT OF THE COUNTRYMANS Edited by blackntan