Nightvision Hunting

Hi all,

Not sure if this is going to make sense but i do a fair bit of fox shooting with a mate of mine. He's got a gen 3 scope on his 223, and alhough its always good crack would be good if I could see what was going on sometimes.

Is there any kit out there thats not stupidly expensive that I could use to see what was going on??

Cheers,

BB

Hi all,

Not sure if this is going to make sense but i do a fair bit of fox shooting with a mate of mine. He's got a gen 3 scope on his 223, and alhough its always good crack would be good if I could see what was going on sometimes.

Is there any kit out there thats not stupidly expensive that I could use to see what was going on??

Cheers,

BB

Yes mate! Get yourself a NV monocular. Available from abou £50 SH or about a one-er new. Check out the reviews in the past NV posts here, look on EBay, etc. When MT shoots with his NV scope I spot with the monocular. Depends on quality, a gen 1+ like mine is nowhere near as good as his gen 3 scope, but for close range stuff it reduces the need to put the gun up on the sticks allthe time. It also helps amplify his scopes "vision" if my monocular is trained on the same target. HTH. Cheers, D.

Hi all,

Cheers,

BB

if you've had a go with gen 3 and you then try anything else ei..gen 1,gen 1+,gen2 they will be absolute rubbish compared to gen 3,even with a black filter on a lamp they are crap..save your pennies and get a gen 3 or you will always be wishing you did.....

Thanks for the responses, with regard to getting a gen3 scope, havent got any rifles so got no need for one. Just wondered if there was any kit i could buy in order to see what was going on.

Was watching the new warrener video earlier and he videos someone shooting with nightvision, any ideas what camera hes using there??

Cheers,

BB