any 1 hav any good pics of tumbler/norfolk lurcher

190820081585.jpg

190820081584.jpg

DSC00265.jpg

the australian cattle dog ,said to still contain the blood of the smithfeid collie taken out to austraila with the 1st settlers.unfortunatly back in those days there was little choice of other dogs to breed to and they were mated to dingos old time fighting dogs etc this is the result today,now back at mine and crossed with a grey hound to then put into my own collie lurchers that were born on the road in my travalling day whos dutys where mainly to fill a pot keep fox from me chickens guard the camp to whatever ends aswell as provide me with sport ie;ferreting,roughing, and lamping etc,these little cattle dogs are inteligent alrt extreamy tough hardy little dogs,full of staminer with the agilaty to dodge kicking cattle and face them down.a great fun little dog that i think will work well bred into my already old fasion norfolk type lines, :victory:

This is the best i can do at short notice :thumbs:

The photo of the pup in that book, is one of Aubrey's,.. :yes:

He never referred to his stock as being Tumblers, and steadfastly maintained them to be the progeny of his old (very fecking old,.. :laugh: ) Smithfield line... :hmm:

An interesting guy though,...as are ALL the Norfolk, Smithfield cum Tumbler advocates :yes:

Edited by CHALKWARREN
:clapper::clapper::victory: i take it these dogs are flyers then :icon_eek: ?feller once told me about this other chap who kept these pigions,recons he through his best one up to show him how they tumble,the bird flew up started on the dive then into the tumble, then smack into the concreat at their feet :icon_eek: he got it for his ferrets :whistling::thumbs:
when did this tumbler bit come from? whats its meaning??

read somewhere that they were called tumblers because they used to run into they're quarry and on colliding with it caused the quarry to "tumble" but became unpopular due to constantly picking up injuries, :unsure:

when did this tumbler bit come from? whats its meaning??

read somewhere that they were called tumblers because they used to run into they're quarry and on colliding with it caused the quarry to "tumble" but became unpopular due to constantly picking up injuries, :unsure:

i got a bitch that will throw herself at a rabbit rather than let it get away looks well smart when she comes up with them. 3/4 collie grey,born in norfolk :victory:
  • 2 months later...