one dog

Guest ooty

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what type of lurchers or breed??

A long time before Plummer (or anyone else!) started writing books on the 'virtues' of all an sundry crosses, there where Lurchers kept of unknown ancestry and breeding.....

Worker to worker, with no definate 'type'..... ;)

THATS HOW GREAT BREEDS WERE FORMED ! GOOD POINT MATE

I'm with Dan on this one a good male Staghound or Roodog. I only have bitches atm but do appreciate the power of a good male on the things I hunt. They will take all game from rabbits up.

I like gyps over a male dog any day but if a fella could only have one, it would have to be a big powerful male Stag for me that could run like the wind. Our coyotes are extremely fast and fight back very very hard. Stamina and endurance do not really catch coyotes but speed will. You would need the stamina for multiple catches in one day.

A tumbler X Smithfield, everytime for me :)
if you find one,let me know :victory:

I have a very promising young Jeff Burrell bred bitch ooty, good hunter, finder, jumper, marker and killer, a canny retiever, but I will give a honest report on the made thing after next season. regards Warren

I have a very promising young Jeff Burrell bred bitch ooty, good hunter, finder, jumper, marker and killer, a canny retiever, but I will give a honest report on the made thing after next season. regards Warren

hello ate i have a bitch with burrel blood and i have to say she is not the best catch rate dog good finder but just no luck with catching shame shes fast enough asswel..

sniper

hello ate i have a bitch with burrel blood and i have to say she is not the best catch rate dog good finder but just no luck with catching shame shes fast enough asswel..

sniper

Hello sniper, my young bitch realy is some striker, she is bad to have game in her mouth. Like I said, she is a very brave striker, so hard she will seriously hurt herself if she dosen't quickly learn to steady up. Regards Warren

i keep hearing bout them,would like to see one work,i breed my own line ov collie lurcher that im fairly proud of,got some cattle dogs that could well contain a smidgein of smithfeild to put into the line,one hopefully in pup to a 27 inch greyhound the other in heat,maybe a big collie for future line,im still confused about what a tumbler is,? one thing i have going for my lurchers is they'r born in norfolk :thumbs:

sniper

how old is your dog?my bitch i work most has a strike second to none,not meaning to sound like im biggin me dog but she makes me cringe and hold me breath :doh:

sniper

how old is your dog?my bitch i work most has a strike second to none,not meaning to sound like im biggin me dog but she makes me cringe and hold me breath :doh:

she is 3 now mate.

theres a couple of picks in my gallery.

sniper

i seen the dog on smithfeild threds,she'd be hitting them by now if she was going to wouldnt you say,had to sell that dog pup to pet home he had an accident and broke his tail.,gutted,he was realy comeing strong,sold half the litter,still keeping the best till last though ;)