.223 or .22 250 ?

what is the best caliber to schoot a roe in belgium because , it is legal now to hunt with this caliber .223 or .22 250 ?

There isn't much difference!

The 22.250 is more popular here and therefore there is more choice for ammo, but it's up to you really!

I`d go 22.250....Better still .243. But if your torn between 223 or22.250 the 22.250 will shoot flatter and produce alot more energy at impact.Which in my book would give you a little more room for error in your shot..

When I used to live i Australia we used 22.250 on kangaroos and it would knock em flat...

Just my 2 cents worth mate...

Good luck with your decision

I used to use a 222 thats what i learnt on but have had many cals since & am now very well settled on the 22.250 amazine round i homeload it & good out to 300m roe & i also work a 25/06 for that extra & the cover i have in the summer as the 22.250 can go off with a blade of grass.

what is the best caliber to schoot a roe in belgium because , it is legal now to hunt with this caliber .223 or .22 250 ?

22-250, more grunt and flatter, but much less choice of ammo, harder to find and more expensive in England than .223, but plenty of 22-250 guns available for sale!

This is all about shot placement, neither are ideal calibres even for roe deer and would not guarantee proper penetration for a quartering shoulder shot or frontal chest shot.

Both calibres however are capable of stunning accuracy and will both deliver head/neck shots to 100 metres from a high seat.

If you are shooting beyond 100m I would go for the 22-250 for the flatter trajectory.

If I had the choice, and had a reliable supplier of my desired ammunition, I would sway toward the .22-250.

Purely and simply due to the amount of Energy which it produces. You have that edge when it comes to room for error.

As for a .22-250 being unsuitable for Roe. A good soft point will have no trouble producing a big enough wound channel for a clean Kill.

A .243 may be able to fire a larger selection of Rounds and Grains than a .22-250 but on a Roe, there really is no need if your any kind of a decent marksman.

Regards

SS :thumbs: