Best song of the 80's

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

polecat your right on with northern soul, but i,am afraid it has to be the JAM with WHEN YOUR YOUNG!!!!!!!!

Blast from the past for the old scooter boys among us, my pal saw a flyer for KING KURT & THE METEORS on the wall of a cafe last week.

JOEB :good:

Blast from the past for the old scooter boys among us, my pal saw a flyer for KING KURT & THE METEORS on the wall of a cafe last week.

JOEB :good:

I remember them being one of the "in " bands during the middle to late 80,s on the rallies, when everyone had a giant quiff :D Those were the days, i can honestly say, the best of my life. :good:

remember it well including the tony blackburn song that was always played and the boll*cks song off bottom.went on as many rallies as i could from early 80s to about 1999 still got a GP200 i will get done up this year.

ermm Not quite the 80.s But

Frank Wilson ' do i love you'

The Velvettes ' Needle in a Hay Stack'

Sking in the Snow

Hell i could go on :rolleyes:

Oh the Happy Days @ Wigan :yes:

If i had to Say 80s then

Spandau Ballet

seeing as i saw Hadley on tour with Fry many times last year :whistle:

remember it well including the tony blackburn song that was always played and the boll*cks song off bottom.went on as many rallies as i could from early 80s to about 1999 still got a GP200 i will get done up this year.

Those were the days, travelling all over the place to the rallies usually at least one of us breaking down either on the way or going home. We used to have such a laugh.

IOW, Yarmouth, Morecombe, Rhyll.

My days of owning a scooter are long gone but the memories will never die.

As for King Kurt & The Meteors. What more could you want to listen to when you're off your head at a rally :good::good::good:

:D You,ve bloody set me off now :D Flynn, the frank wilson song was the rarest northern soul record of all time apparently. I was listening to stuart maconie,s show a couple of years back, and he was talking to one of the old wigan jocks [i forget who]. This guy was on the phone to Berry Gordy, and he mentioned this record, berry gordy said "yeah, i think we have a single copy of that [do i love you] in the vaults somewhere", and the wigan jock said, " you havent, i,ve got it in my hand" he sold it for £14,000, and that was a few years ago. Whoever bought it allowed it to be copied and it appeared at wigan etc, and lost its exclusivety, still a great track though, but the version by chris clarke is even better. :good:

"Toe knee black burn"... :D the time,s that b*****d record woke me up, that bugger who ran the record stall playing it [inferno records?] first thing in a morning, [usually margate] the "bollocks record, is actually " last night" by the bar-keys.

The " three before eight" "landslide" "turning my heartbeat up"-MVP,s.......get that talc down.. :good:

I wish i had an unrestored gp200 in the garage :( this was my last baby i built, and i miss it. :(

scooters003.jpg

good times.....good mates......much beer.......

scooters007.jpg