dog or bitch?

Guest ooty

sat here waiting for dark,and i have a lurcher litter at the mo,seems that most everyone wants a bitch pup and im wondering why??,does anyone one prefer to the other for any good reason,think a lot of people choose a bitch so they can have there own litters but that being the case a dog can sire more pups than any bitch without the owner ever haveing to raise pups,so any other reasons?? :thumbs:

Edited by ooty

Well my personal preference would always be a dog, a big strong FAST type, not necessarily big meaning a dog with bull in it, just big, powerful dog that can shift through the gears.

But my youngest lurcher at the moment happens to be a bitch, she was the only one in the litter, and I was given what I got, the breeding was from two good dogs, a few were after the pups, and I happened to be 5th in line out of us mates, the rest wanted the dogs.

I'll see how she goes, but I’d rather kennel dogs any day over bitches and I'm already having my doubts, I prefer dogs general strength and they seem bit more head strong in my opinion, but it all depends on what quarry, land and method you run at the end of the day, and each man has his own preferences. :whistling:

See most dogs piss me off, like men, once they've sniffed an in season bitch that's all they're after when they meet another bitch, they're too headstrong, arrogant, most of the time dodgy with other males and the general cocking of the leg etc i could go on......

how can you say males are dodgy with other males .......isnt how there brought up what would cause them to be dodgy

i had 5 male dogs all togther and there wasnt even one little tussle between them.

must admit the cocking of the leg isnt the best when the b*****ds manage to get in the house lol

personally id have a bitch and a dog if i could just so i had one of each lol

See most dogs piss me off, like men, once they've sniffed an in season bitch that's all they're after when they meet another bitch, they're too headstrong, arrogant, most of the time dodgy with other males and the general cocking of the leg etc i could go on......

how can you say males are dodgy with other males .......isnt how there brought up what would cause them to be dodgy

i had 5 male dogs all togther and there wasnt even one little tussle between them.

must admit the cocking of the leg isnt the best when the b*****ds manage to get in the house lol

personally id have a bitch and a dog if i could just so i had one of each lol

i didn't say all males are dodgy with other males, my mum has 3 entire males that live perfectly well together, but i have come across alot of male dogs that are dodgy with other males. Just like some human males in the world........

exerlent,hows bryn going mate,you had the chance to get out in the weather?and collie/grey my dear we men are not all the same, :icon_redface: im recently house trained after 38 years(39 2mw) of shitting in a hedge :whistling: liveing in the woods with my dogs.collie greys mostly!! :victory::D

Guest Taffybull

i find that a dogs suits me more than a bitch, i get on better with dogs rather than bitches. between me and my old man, we have only ever owned two bitches, and they are in the kennels at the moment, my red lurcher bitch and his terrier. personaly.. i dout il own a nother bitch in the future. i dont like the hassle of them when on heat and so on.. but yet, dogs and bitches have pros and cons, and as for having a bitch to keep a pup back? why cant you stud your dog to a good bitch and have pick of the litter? no hassle then of rearing the pups and so on.. ANY WAYS.. THAT MY PERSONAL OPINION :)

taff :good:

Always had bitches, one to keep a pup from them if they turn out good and two i can't stand male dog characteristics...... :gunsmilie::clapper:
only saying but if you had a good sire you will always get a good pup back?. and never have your dog laid up in pup or season,i work both but its still intresting to hear :victory:
Guest blue_boy
Always had bitches, one to keep a pup from them if they turn out good and two i can't stand male dog characteristics...... :gunsmilie::clapper:

bitches are like women if they dont make the grade its easier to get rid of them you know what i mean lads :boxing::thumbs:

bitches are like women if they dont make the grade its easier to get rid of them you know what i mean lads :boxing::thumbs:

do you have problems getting rid if men aswell if they dont make the grade?? dog or bitch prefrance was the question :cry::bye:
exerlent,hows bryn going mate,you had the chance to get out in the weather?and collie/grey my dear we men are not all the same, :icon_redface: im recently house trained after 38 years(39 2mw) of shitting in a hedge :whistling: liveing in the woods with my dogs.collie greys mostly!! :victory::D

Hi Nick, went out last week, only his 2nd night in the lamp and he as had 4 rabbits, its not alot but he is very keen. Went out this morning, he found a mixy and brought that to me. I will try him again , on the lamp wed night, its supposed to be windy. :victory:

ray BIRD