Return Of The Don

Keano brought his old collie/grey x out of retirement as his other working dog had an unfortunate accident last week. Big Gripper is 11yr old and showed he's still got the appetite for the Job. He may not move as quick as he did in his prime but he's still able to flush quarry to the gun :rolleyes: , not bad for a pensioner :notworthy:

post-17796-1220842724_thumb.jpg

Edited by undisputed

Good stuff Undisputed :clapper:

That'll do the old timer the power of good.

I'm not a big fan of retirement for older dogs as they all still have their uses, retirement just sees them fade faster, we just have to respect their capabilitys as they get older, and that photo really prove's their's life in the old dog yet.

Good stuff Undisputed :clapper:

That'll do the old timer the power of good.

I'm not a big fan of retirement for older dogs as they all still have their uses, retirement just sees them fade faster, we just have to respect their capabilitys as they get older, and that photo really prove's their's life in the old dog yet.

He really is a remarkable dog and what makes him even more so is the fact that he broke his wrist as a young dog and the joint is fused giving him a profound limp. He is primarily used to ferret but not much running at all deff a star :victory:

post-17796-1220863716_thumb.jpg

Edited by undisputed
I cant see this staying up for long

LOL I know I'll remove it myself in a day or two... :tongue2:

good to see people still working their old dogs,my 10 year old collie cross wouldnt be happy bout being left behind.they get wiser as they get older.my mate had an old match dog,still pick a rabbit at 13, Edited by ooty

Great, he must still be quite fit for his age, foxes arnt slow. Ive seen younger dogs , that struggle to pick up a fox , pre ban days. My old bitch [bitza] who died at 13, would tackle anthing, and still catch

the odd rabbit at 10 years old. She was 1/4 collie, grey,whippet, ?, 25ins and 55lb the best catch dog i ever had. [ Bess] :victory:

BIRD

Great, he must still be quite fit for his age, foxes arnt slow. Ive seen younger dogs , that struggle to pick up a fox , pre ban days. My old bitch [bitza] who died at 13, would tackle anthing, and still catch

the odd rabbit at 10 years old. She was 1/4 collie, grey,whippet, ?, 25ins and 55lb the best catch dog i ever had. [ Bess] :victory:

BIRD

mate my old bitch has as you know got a 5 week old litter just come off her at 10,shes noe doing a bit of roughing and road work,to get her back to her alround self,to anyone that thinks 10 is to old for a litter,it was an accident and she has thrown a very good stright lot ,all including mum are in the best of health.not my fault my dogs a slapper :whistling:

BIRD

mate my old bitch has as you know got a 5 week old litter just come off her at 10,shes noe doing a bit of roughing and road work,to get her back to her alround self,to anyone that thinks 10 is to old for a litter,it was an accident and she has thrown a very good stright lot ,all including mum are in the best of health.not my fault my dogs a slapper :whistling:

I dont think its too old at all mate if she's fit and healthy there should be no probs I take it she has had a litter before? If my old fawn bitch ever manages to come into season I may risk a mating. :victory: