Wolsingham Show. Terriers, Lurchers,Bullcross.

So much talk about working/showing dogs, unbeleivable, I must agree with some of the lads that say "you can't have it both ways" but, you can.............. as a lot of our members do on this site alone, do the job in the field, and, in the show ring in the summer months. I understand the lads who say why is it a working dog show when the majority of them have never seen nothing more than an insect cross their paths?? understandable and yes, I also wonder why.....but in the case of The Cock of the North terrier this dog TRULY is a worker and a well deserved champion.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thought it was a working dog show , then saw the results...If you don,t work your dog,s it,s a fecking cheek to show them..try cruffs jmo

My bitch, Delta won the rough lurcher bitch class; and she had just got back from a full weeks work down the country, she is also in the lamping competition that is organised on this site, so you should realy get your facts right before going on about "non-workers " !!

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski

Can't understand arguing over what won and what didnt. I went to Wolsingham and thoroughly enjoyed it - met up with a few friends Ive not seen for a while, shows are more of a social occasion than anything to get serious about :drink:

WONDER IF HALF OF THEM WOULD HAVE GONE HUNTING IN THE SAME CONDITIONS ??????

DUCKWING :big_boss:

Not all of them :laugh:

DSC_0165-1.jpg

but mine do :tongue2:

Guest mickyrich
Went today it was well rough walking through the slurry it was like glastenbury COCK OF THE NORTH CHAMPION was well over weight imo didnt take much notice of other classes as i not really into showing dogs because my mongrels would come 2nd even if he was only dog in it lol :clapper::clapper::clapper:
what weight would thee say it was, did thee pick it up . and wich dog would thee av picked,

i wouldn't have picked any mate ain't a judge and never would be i just said in my opinion the cock of the north winner was overweight and yes that was just by looking not touching and if you want my whole honest opinion i think it was too big for working but like i said my opinion and my opinion only

HAPPY HUNTING MICKY RICH

Guest mickyrich
Went today it was well rough walking through the slurry it was like glastenbury COCK OF THE NORTH CHAMPION was well over weight imo didnt take much notice of other classes as i not really into showing dogs because my mongrels would come 2nd even if he was only dog in it lol :clapper::clapper::clapper:

if you,d handled the bitch you would realise that she was prety fit . :big_boss: she is a big bitch by nature as most of mine are

i like a good solid dog they suit my needs :whistling:

Take my hat off too you mate but in all fairness she looked heavy :victory:
what weight would thee say it was, did thee pick it up . and wich dog would thee av picked,

i wouldn't have picked any mate ain't a judge and never would be i just said in my opinion the cock of the north winner was overweight and yes that was just by looking not touching and if you want my whole honest opinion i think it was too big for working but like i said my opinion and my opinion only

HAPPY HUNTING MICKY RICH

if you,d handled the bitch you would realise that she was prety fit . :big_boss: she is a big bitch by nature as most of mine are

WELL I DONT KNOW WHERE YOU WORK YOUR DOGS .BUT SHE GETS EVERY WHERE IVE TRIED HER AND THERES LADS ON HERE THAT WILL AGREE :thumbs: .WELL CHUFFED THAT THE TWO JUDGES OPINION WAS DIFFERENT TO YOURS AND AFTER ALL THATS THE OPINION THAT COUNTS :toast::toast::toast: AND THE JUDGES IN 2006 AGREED SHE WON THE COCK OF THE NORTH AND BEST ENTERED

2007 BEST ENTERED COCK OF THE NORTH

PLUS A GOOD FEW MORE

BUT EACH TO THERE OWN LIKE I SAID SHE SUITS MY NEEDS FOR WORK AND SHOW

Edited by FELL TYPE

[the dog that won cock of the north terrier was a working dog it also won best enterd terrier 100 % worker :drink:

So much talk about working/showing dogs, unbeleivable, I must agree with some of the lads that say "you can't have it both ways" but, you can.............. as a lot of our members do on this site alone, do the job in the field, and, in the show ring in the summer months. I understand the lads who say why is it a working dog show when the majority of them have never seen nothing more than an insect cross their paths?? understandable and yes, I also wonder why.....but in the case of The Cock of the North terrier this dog TRULY is a worker and a well deserved champion.

two more got it right the dog that one the cock of the north champion was a TRUE WORKER :notworthy::notworthy:

dont know what you work your dogs on mickyritch :icon_eek: too big for what mice :feck::feck:

Edited by THEDOGSWATSITS
Guest mickyrich

HAPPY HUNTING MICKY RICH

WELL I DONT KNOW WHERE YOU WORK YOUR DOGS .BUT SHE GETS EVERY WHERE IVE TRIED HER AND THERES LADS ON HERE THAT WILL AGREE :thumbs: .WELL CHUFFED THAT THE TWO JUDGES OPINION WAS DIFFERENT TO YOURS AND AFTER ALL THATS THE OPINION THAT COUNTS :toast::toast::toast: AND THE JUDGES IN 2006 AGREED SHE WON THE COCK OF THE NORTH AND BEST ENTERED

2007 BEST ENTERED COCK OF THE NORTH

PLUS A GOOD FEW MORE

BUT EACH TO THERE OWN LIKE I SAID SHE SUITS MY NEEDS FOR WORK AND SHOW

Well done you got a nice show bitch keep up the good work
Guest blackntan

[quote name='THEDOGSWATSITS' date='Sep 9 2008, 01:24 PM' post='660398'AM GUTTED YOU WERE THERE AND NEVER COME OVER TO GIVE ME ADVICE TO ME ON THE LACK OF SCARS ON ME TERRERS :laugh: , MICKYRICH PASSED COMMENT ON THE WINNER OF THE COCK OF THE NORTH BEING OVER WEIGHT, ONLY LOOKING YET FROM THE SAME DISTANCE RING SIDE COULD NOT SEE A MUSLE TONED TERRIER NARROW IN THE CHEST WITH STRONG HIND QAUTERS TO PUSH ON , AND WITH ALL THE SIGHNS OF A BITCH THAT HAS TOOK A BIT OF STICK , YOU MUST HAVE BEEN THE CHAP WITH THE BOTTOM OF BROWN ALE BOTTLES FOR GLASSES, WISH YOU HAD GONE TO SPECK SAVERS :laugh::thumbs:

Edited by blackntan