paying for perrmission

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hyperion

what we paid for was the shooting rights, the right to take any legal game by any legal methods except deer (as there is already a stalker using the land) and to put birds down if we wish to do so!

cheers

hyperion

We pay for our sporting rights, that gives us deer, pheasants, duck, geese, pigeons, rabbits and foxes etc. The only thing we are asked to leave alone is the hares. I would love to get it for free but unfortunately in an area of estates and big land owners finding farms that are not already shot over is quiet hard. I am sure people have been upset by us taking on a sporting lease of this farm but, evryone else wanted to shoot the vermin for free, and maybe get the odd deer, or shoot the game and the pigeons and rabbits can do what they want etc, in the end the owner got fed up, put a price on it and put out as one unit.

Unfortunately that is the way I think things will go as there are people want the ground for nothing but then expand the boundaries of vermin control/what was agreed or there are others that want the sport and leave the vermin to carry one. In teh end teh owner of teh ground is not getting what he initially set out to achieve.

That is my tupence worth and I will probably get ranted at, but hey ho.

most of us pay to go fishing carp etc, but lakes are stocked. if farmers stocked rabbits then you would think about paying if the land which you shoot over is teaming with rabbits etc and could gaurentee that there was always vermin there, the farmers have no input where rabbits/vermin are concerned or no control where the animals go, so why pay???

i would prefer to help round the farm at havest etc or repairing fences etc in exchange for permisson rather than pay

• 2 weeks later...

My Father In law & I have the sole rough shooting rights on a 500 acre farm thats local -we slip the farmer a bottle of whiskey at christmas & always offer him a rabbit/pigeons etc when we've been out (if he or his wife is there) - sometimes he takes one & sometimes he doesn't - but that's all that changes hands either way. Both sides are happy with the arrangements. :good:

ive been shooting rats and crows around the yard at a farm near me for a few months now with my air rifle and im keen to get perrmission for the rest of the farm but the farmer wants paying for the shooting rights! he has said he wants some one pro active as he has a real problem with bunnys pigeons ect but hasnt been very forthcomming with telling me how much he wants, and im starting to feel like im being led on! does any one have any idea how much i should expect to pay? or an oppinion on whether i should be paying to do pest control for him? i dont mind paying per say but if its a huge ammount i might have to give up the only shooting i have! :icon_eek:

if he is desperate to rid the place of bunnys crows pigeons so on and so on he should be snapping your hand of for the offer of "free" and if he isnt happy with what you do tough. he could always hire a profesional? be exspensive and being a farmer wont be willing to pay but at a push like someone else said 80p an acre but im a tight arse and would offer 40p

It's the Greeks you have to worry about!

They will approach farmers pay cash and i mean large amounts of it too!

Then they will shoot anything that fuking moves

People have offered money to pay, but if they are trusted then they go on for free, so long as they are covered. (insurance, BASC etc....) copies of certificates photocopied, then an agreement typed up with maps and boundarys, and signed by all party's. Job done.

Edited by artic
  • 4 weeks later...

I know what it's like to have to pay and won't.

Around here the land is generally tied up with local syndicates for rough shooting. It has set a precedent and famers know they can get paid.

I shoot vermin on estates and just mindful not to go for the pheasants as its their earners.

If I was you I would think very carefully about paying as once it starts it spreads rapidly.