An Hour With The Rimfire

Went out last night for an Hour with Stork from the THL with the rimmy around my golf course contract. As the surrounding fields had just been cut i knew the rabbits would be sitting out and slightly confused as to where the cover had gone that they had been hiding in for so long. Apart from Stork nearly getting squeaked in by the keepers out foxing on the stubble......and being lit up by the red filter lamp.........and nearly 243'd through his hat it was a good night.

Just that i find the Rimfire the most versatile tool in my pest control armoury.

Rolfe.

post-12022-1219312130.jpg

Nice work, how many did you get?

Dunno.......never counted them. :laugh: A lot we couldn't pick up as they had kicked themselves down the holes, but one that kicked itself deep underground.....suddenly shot out of a hole like an exocet missle......and promptly lay dead as a doornail on the grass....now that i did find quite amusing.

Rolfe.

Thanks for all the replies folks......Yes Woodga.......I would think I average about 100 rabbits a week with the rimfire on my contracts and I would be lost without it really........ as not all the land lends itself to snaring or cage trapping. Some weeks I shoot 300+ but others i may be lucky if I get 50 if the weather is bad.

SS.......you had to see Stork to believe it........standing in the doorway of my fourtrak peering over the hedge, and the keepers fixing the red filter on his eyes.........then when he heard them squeaking.........I said it's time to move I think.......or you'll want a new hat at the very least. :laugh:

Rolfe ;)

Went out last night for an Hour with Stork from the THL with the rimmy around my golf course contract. As the surrounding fields had just been cut i knew the rabbits would be sitting out and slightly confused as to where the cover had gone that they had been hiding in for so long. Apart from Stork nearly getting squeaked in by the keepers out foxing on the stubble......and being lit up by the red filter lamp.........and nearly 243'd through his hat it was a good night.

Just that i find the Rimfire the most versatile tool in my pest control armoury.

Rolfe.

I have a reasonable selection of FAC tools...and SGC tools, but I can honestly say my favourite for a million reasons is the .22LR :thumbs: