bill brightmore

Guest fell terrier

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This was the last Bill Brightmore Patterdale that I had and that's a young me in the background, this was around 1980. He gave it to me to breed from as the temperament was perfect and he worked well

Remember going up to bills a number of times back in the 80s it was like stepping back in time in side his place. Sadly missed full of knowledege of hunting and terriers and hounds which we are s

your right there p***y it would make a good book sadly the terrier of yesterday is in decline they are only kept by a mall band of brothers who still work hard and cull hard for an old guy he is still

Posted Images

Guest fell terrier

i and a few friends have dogs carrying back to his lines and i know of a few lads that have georges line still going and working sadly george no longer keeps dogs but is still in contact witha few that have kept his breed line going all be it by phone

Guest AngelicAcid

Only ever heard and seen pics of B.B. stuff, never a bad word said,

Some cracking dogs , Always seemed to be kept tight and genuine honest workers.

Am i right in thinking they were hard ?

lost a promising young dog from this breeding early last year ,he was showing fantastic promise and was a real strong terrier ,foxes were no match for him strong and powerful dog he was and lovly temprament as well,R I P BIG BILL ,STILL MISS YA PALL !!

Only ever heard and seen pics of B.B. stuff, never a bad word said,

Some cracking dogs , Always seemed to be kept tight and genuine honest workers.

Am i right in thinking they were hard ?

Bill was one of the true greats of the working terrier world.

He used to come for one or two days a season with me when i was terrier man for the Jedforest Hunt twenty odd years ago. One day i can remember was we had a good hunt on a fox and put it to ground in a big place. The Master asked for it to be bolted, Bill offered to put a bitch in and after about ten minutes Bill turned round to the Master and said you might as well draw on for another fox sir! Master said why is that then Bill. Bill turn round and said cos this buggars dead now sir! So off they went and after two hours digging we found a dead fox and Bill,s bitch.

Just one of many stories about Bill. Had some great dogs of the big man.

Guest fell terrier
Good thread Fell terrier :clapper:

No dout hinge & bracket will have something to say :victory:

TUFFTY

they can say what they want mate people like that would cause an argument in an empty house just for the sake of it lol for once could anyone with any input not react when one of the idiots adds a coment from space please everyones opinions are welcome but the armchair hunters please refrain from adding comments as no one is really interested in them this thread is for working dog enthuesiasts and people with a geniune interest in the breed :victory:

Guest fell terrier

the last ste of picture i put up were of bills sires sister tiger and the pup is bred the same way the btch is an honest thing that has served me well and the pup is showing a lot of promise he started off slow but last weekend really shone and found where two dogs had failed in a big spot we dug him out after three hours stuck to his quarry his first real test and he did it with style his brother started of a lot better getting straight into gear no messing and digging some tough spots where i have personally seen some good dogs fail this next season will see if they can keep in up but with a decent rest between hard digs and i think both pups will be as good as the rest fingers crossed like i told john i have a few carrying the same line to your old bill and if you ever wanted a line you are welcome to it tiger it always seem to be yer good ens you lose lost one in a rock spot a few year ago absolutley gutted a good hard bitch you cant win em all