.410 1st gun or 20 bore?

Guest Dale

If you,re old enough to cope with the recoil, go for the 20 bore, you will hit more with it. A .410 is a difficult gun to shoot accuratley,due to its small spread of shot, the only thing it has in its favour, for a beginner, is its low recoil.

cheers lads :good: looks like 20 bore it is lol ,

started my lad with a .410 didn't do much for his confidance so bought him a 20 bore cut stock down first day out three shots 2 pheasent hasn't looked back now using 12 bore un like me he dont miss much

get him a 20

• 2 weeks later...
Guest piking pirate

my personal preference would be a 20 bore im 14/15 years old ive ben shooting since 7 and used a 4.10 1nce then dad give me a 20 to try with 21grm shells they are practically the same as a 4.10 i think and for a begginer with such a small spit of shot a 4.10 is a hard gun to hit thngs with (ibloddy wellcouldn't :icon_redface: )so i would advice a twenty with lyvale express 21grm cartridges :good:

ive been told bout the .410 being a so called starters gun , but have also been told there really useless in the feild so to opt for a 20 boro instead? any 1 any helpfull comments?

Got em both and i have to say both my sons have started on the .410 its a cooey 3inch magnum hammer which they love and as for accuracy my oldest son,s shot more ducks in flight with it than i have with my twelve bore its a bit underpowered for rabbits but on 35 yards its okay.As for the twenty its a single barrel folding and the recoils a bitch but then the guns a bit on the light side anyway,i love the bloody thing and have dropped some very testing birds and rabbits with it.

Guest luke sonley

i was the in the same situation and wanted to op for a 20 bore as i was nervous bowt shooting with a 12 bore but i used thm and i would opt for a 12 as it builds confidence up and saves changing guns.i wud use light loads 2 start off with and get used to your gun good luk :good: